How is everyone doing?
06-18-2011 11:16 AM
- Congrats n 4G it is truly is a whole different experience. I am fortunate to have been irradiated with 4G goodness since day 1. Did the OTA and have had one re-boot while driving through Vermont. So doing well here. The only thing I would like to see is more aggressive updates, but better that they are properly tested than rushed out (like the last one for some). I want Netflix and Skype even though i will probably only use them sparingly.06-16-2011 06:41 AM
- I've been using my TBolt since the beginning of May and haven't had any of the most common problems people have been reporting in the forums. I've had only one random reboot - in a marginal area, and the phone was having trouble hunting for 3G and 4G signals where both of them were quite weak. Battery life is decent - acceptable, but not great. And I routinely hit 24-32 Mbps download speeds in suburban Detroit.06-16-2011 09:42 AM
- Life is good on the soggy Oregon Coast ; )
We should see the sun sometime in October.
Tbolts are doing good also.
Wife's is still set as VZW sent her out the store with all the updates on etc... standard battery.
Mine w/extended and apps set to not update or very rarely and spb shell rather than sense.
Hers does have some random reboots, mine has not.
Her GPS navigation freaks at times, mine does not.
I still think that the out-the-door settings are coming into play.06-16-2011 11:37 AM
- Mines doing pretty well, had lots of random reboots till i rooted it and put gingerbread on it. I'm enjoying it. I bought the extended battery and even though I never charge it beyond 50% I still get around 11 or so more hours. Here in Memphis 4g is technically only at the airport but I got it once at my university for 5 mins and it was like heaven!06-16-2011 12:02 PM
- Mines doing pretty well, had lots of random reboots till i rooted it and put gingerbread on it. I'm enjoying it. I bought the extended battery and even though I never charge it beyond 50% I still get around 11 or so more hours. Here in Memphis 4g is technically only at the airport but I got it once at my university for 5 mins and it was like heaven!06-16-2011 01:30 PM
- I'm glad everyone is doing well with it so far.
I haven't had any of the common problems that people seem to be talking about either. I was rooted about a week after I got my phone, and haven't had a single random reboot or anything since I got the phone. 4G definitely effects battery life, but I still make it through a day without much problem... We'll see how that goes once my Fall Semester comes around again though :P06-17-2011 10:23 PM
Well, as for my TB, I finally took the root plunge on TB this week. Having had a taste of rooting and custom ROMs during my Fascinate days, I had been itching to root TB while trying to stay unrooted. This week, the dam broke and I took the plunge. And I'm glad I did. Now this beast is sporting das bamf GingerREMIX v2.0 Beta #6 with the urban theme... And it's been a thing of beauty a joy forever since then. I decided to pick performance over battery life and overclocked to 1.4 Ghz... Initially there was an issue with frequent Google Services Framework forceclose notifications but the problem has been isolated and eliminated.
Now all I need is LTE here in NH (Hello, VZW, north of Massachusetts is also part of the United States) and a working Skype Mobile with video. Amen.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk06-17-2011 11:06 PM
- Well, my (non-rooted) phone's been doing pretty good. I had downloaded the MR1 update when it came out, and to my surprise, I wasn't having any problems with it (no reboots, etc.). Then, about a half hour ago, while I was at a store, I had my first random reboot. I'm hoping it was just a freak occurrence, and not the start of me getting plagued by the problem. It's odd that I'd go about a month without ever getting a reboot, while on MR1, and then all of a sudden I get one. :/06-18-2011 11:07 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
How is everyone doing?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD