Verizon Saying They Didn't Get The Phone I Sent
01-11-2016 03:26 PM
- So, about a month and a half ago, verizon sent me a replacement thunderbolt. I sent my old one back the next day and I have been getting texts telling me to send it back when I already had, fedex says it got there the same week I sent it, today I get a text saying they are going to charge me for it?!?! Anyone else have this problem?06-15-2011 11:41 PM
- dpham00Moderator Team VPSo, about a month and a half ago, verizon sent me a replacement thunderbolt. I sent my old one back the next day and I have been getting texts telling me to send it back when I already had, fedex says it got there the same week I sent it, today I get a text saying they are going to charge me for it?!?! Anyone else have this problem?06-15-2011 11:42 PM
- aBoldPatriotsFanAndroid Enthusiast06-15-2011 11:59 PM
- dpham00Moderator Team VP06-16-2011 08:48 AM
- If it hasn't been scanned into the Verizon system by the guys at the wharehouse....your going to get those texts. I sent my replacement out on a Sat...my 5 days to return was actually sat.... I started recieving the texts on Monday. By Tues the phone had been delivered to them and the texts stopped.
Remember just cause you send it out through fedex...the recieving guy still has to scan your phone into the system to verify they recieved it.06-16-2011 10:32 AM
- Don't fear, a solution is here!
I went through this issue three times, yes three times they reported me not returning the phone. If you see a charge on your bill, call them up and they will open an internal investigation. Verizon has all the tracking numbers on file, even the one from your house back to the shipping center. The agent can pull up that tracking number and plug it in to fedex to verify it was delivered. If that is the case, they go search the warehouse for the phone, and usually give you a call the next day saying they found it.
The problem is, is that if the invoice has already been generated, they won't remove the charge from your bill, which means, my family ended up paying an $800 bill. Instead they just use the extra amount you paid and credit you for it on your next bills.
If you have any questions let me know.06-16-2011 11:04 AM
- Check this out. Here is what went wrong.
FedEx Employee Accused of Stealing Phones, Electronics from Packages - WGHP06-17-2011 09:23 AM
- This happened to me too. I got a bill that was like $500 more than I was expecting. I was on the phone .6 seconds after picking myself off the floor.
Believe me, Verizon has the tracking number. Just call them, and once they trace that the phone was returned, they will credit your account and then start looking for it internally.
Not to be mean, but the OP said he couldn't find the tracking number.06-17-2011 02:25 PM
- I just had this problem from 2 phones I sent back. I kept getting txt msgs from them saying to return the phone or there could be charges.
I called them and they checked and had the phones, they just were not put back into stock yet which is why I kept getting the messages.
Verizon looked up the Fed ex tracking numbers for me and put a note in my file so if charges do appear to just call and they will delete them06-17-2011 04:04 PM
- Verizon sent me a total of 3 replacement TBolts. Since I work for a division of FedEx (Freight), I've seen the way things are handled on our docks and was sure to keep my tracking# stubs. When I got an email warning me to return a phone or get charged full retail, I called Verizon C.S. immediately. The rep told me that I had to produce the tracking numbers and offered to call me back when I found them (sub-text, she was sure I would not have them). Imagine her surprise when I said, Got 'em right here, which one you want first? Long story short, if I had not had those stubs, I would have had a harder time proving I had returned the defective phones.06-17-2011 04:24 PM
- I've had it happen to me too when returning a Network Extender. I had the tracking number but they tried to tell me it was the wrong MAC address. I only had the one to send back! Anyway, they took care of it after my complaints. But it took me two months to be reimbursed on my bill.
-Frank06-17-2011 07:01 PM
- I've been calling Verizon for months regarding this same issue. I returned my old phone after edging up and they are charging me 1K for two device that I package in the same box when returned because I lost one of the return slips. First I was told they could not give me the tracking but they could confirm tracking. How this is I don't know. They told me at that time the package was at the warehouse, so they were putting a ticket to process at the warehouse. After receiving a collection call, I followed up on the claim, and was told that the person never put the ticket in to have the phones processed and to have my account credit. I still told that they could not provide me the tracking they could only check the tracking and put this ticket into the warehouse. However, a few days after this call a Verizon representative called me to say that the phones were located and my account would be credited. However, that never happened. When I called back to follow up I was told that there were no phones, they had never been received, they needed a tracking# to locate them. I told them that I don't have the tracking, I was told that they could see the shipping, but they could not see the tracking and they saw that the devices had shipped to the warehouse. I was then told that the a customer care representative could not very any of this information. I have called numerous times asking for their assistance in getting a tracking number and I've put in several request to have them request the warehouse to process. Each time the story changes with Verizon. I've mailed back two phones with the packing slip Verizon provided. The phones seem to be lost in limbo and I'm left holding the bag. They swear they can't locate a tracking or the phones.01-11-2016 03:26 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
Verizon Saying They Didn't Get The Phone I Sent
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD