Verizon Saying They Didn't Get The Phone I Sent

wkoalmc2011

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So, about a month and a half ago, verizon sent me a replacement thunderbolt. I sent my old one back the next day and I have been getting texts telling me to send it back when I already had, fedex says it got there the same week I sent it, today I get a text saying they are going to charge me for it?!?! Anyone else have this problem?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So, about a month and a half ago, verizon sent me a replacement thunderbolt. I sent my old one back the next day and I have been getting texts telling me to send it back when I already had, fedex says it got there the same week I sent it, today I get a text saying they are going to charge me for it?!?! Anyone else have this problem?

just scan and send them the receipt that you got when you dropped off the phone.

wkoalmc2011

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I still have it, I thought the issue was previously resolved and I don't know where the tracking is now, i'll see if I can find the reciept, it was a drop off with a prepaid label though.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure I still have it, I thought the issue was previously resolved and I don't know where the tracking is now, i'll see if I can find the reciept, it was a drop off with a prepaid label though.

Get FedEx on the line and have them get you the info you need (Tracking #). Proof that you sent it.

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Had this happen to me as well it got found in verizon receiving and they never reported it to the proper ones..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How has your replacement phone performed? Was it a "Like New" phone? I'm curious as I have to send mine back as well.

Luck of the draw, my first replacement was a dud, second one was new in clnr packing, and it is good so far. I have heard of people having 4 or more dud replacements

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
If it hasn't been scanned into the Verizon system by the guys at the wharehouse....your going to get those texts. I sent my replacement out on a Sat...my 5 days to return was actually sat.... I started recieving the texts on Monday. By Tues the phone had been delivered to them and the texts stopped.

Remember just cause you send it out through fedex...the recieving guy still has to scan your phone into the system to verify they recieved it.

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't fear, a solution is here!

I went through this issue three times, yes three times they reported me not returning the phone. If you see a charge on your bill, call them up and they will open an internal investigation. Verizon has all the tracking numbers on file, even the one from your house back to the shipping center. The agent can pull up that tracking number and plug it in to fedex to verify it was delivered. If that is the case, they go search the warehouse for the phone, and usually give you a call the next day saying they found it.

The problem is, is that if the invoice has already been generated, they won't remove the charge from your bill, which means, my family ended up paying an $800 bill. Instead they just use the extra amount you paid and credit you for it on your next bills.

If you have any questions let me know.

groupdelay

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen every time I send a phone back. Their return service area is terrible. Every time, they have tried to bill me for the phone. Keep track of your shipment tracking numbers!

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me too. I got a bill that was like $500 more than I was expecting. I was on the phone .6 seconds after picking myself off the floor.

Believe me, Verizon has the tracking number. Just call them, and once they trace that the phone was returned, they will credit your account and then start looking for it internally.

Not to be mean, but the OP said he couldn't find the tracking number. :)

nmscuba

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I just had this problem from 2 phones I sent back. I kept getting txt msgs from them saying to return the phone or there could be charges.

I called them and they checked and had the phones, they just were not put back into stock yet which is why I kept getting the messages.

Verizon looked up the Fed ex tracking numbers for me and put a note in my file so if charges do appear to just call and they will delete them

slim6596

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sent me a total of 3 replacement TBolts. Since I work for a division of FedEx (Freight), I've seen the way things are handled on our docks and was sure to keep my tracking# stubs. When I got an email warning me to return a phone or get charged full retail, I called Verizon C.S. immediately. The rep told me that I had to produce the tracking numbers and offered to call me back when I found them (sub-text, she was sure I would not have them). Imagine her surprise when I said, Got 'em right here, which one you want first? Long story short, if I had not had those stubs, I would have had a harder time proving I had returned the defective phones.