This phone better grow wings fast!

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Today I when I went for my daily walk I decided to go a different way. I started my Cardio Tracker app to let me know how far I had walked. I got half way done and I went to check my progress and some time during my walk I had a reboot and it didn't track. No biggy I thought, I'll just see how far it is back. Damn phone rebooted again sometime during the walk back. Enough is enough. I am not techno savy but I might have to force the update and see if I kill my phone.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I get around 2 reboots a day and it happens everywhere. Every time it reboots I cuss at Verizon and HTC and I'm closer to telling both companies to screw off and take my business else where. I'm sure this is my last HTC phone but I'll probably stay with Verizon. It just makes me feel better thinking I might leave them over these reboot issues.

My whole problem with the last update was that it leaked out 2-3 weeks before Verizon released it and a decent percentage of people had reboot problems. You can't tell me Verizon had no ideas the leak was causing it and they released it anyways.

matthew2109

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Almost the same issue happened with me. I went on an 8 mile run with Cardiotrainer too and the GPS quit one and half miles thru it. I was like really...I had use the same app on my DX and it recorded all 8 miles. 3 miles in 84 mins? Say what...

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am more convinced now that this is an issue with the network and/or the 4G radio software. I've been in Denmark for most of this week and I've been using the TBolt exclusively on WiFi (since it doesn't work over cellular networks in Europe) and I have had no reboots whatsoever with the phone working over WiFi. I had no reboot prior to the MR1 update either. So, I'm hoping the new update gets officially released soon and addresses this issue.

The Viper

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got my phone 2 weeks ago and I got 1 re-boot. I'm hoping for it stay that way for the 2 years I have it (maybe a little less). I was just sitting on my couch and out of nowhere I saw the "HTC" logo pop up and it restarted itself. Weird stuff.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am more convinced now that this is an issue with the network and/or the 4G radio software..

I live in a 3g/1x area and work in a 3g area. The closes 4g to me is 3 hours away. The funny thing is, my first reboot happens almost 5 hours regularly after i unplug in the morning and then off and on the rest of the day.

anon(247108)

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Not one Reboot

I don't think it is the radio. Both my wife and I have TBolts, and we have not experienced a single reboot. Both phones are rooted, she is running stock radio with Adrenilyne's 4.47 kernel, whereas I am running Das Bamf 1.7.

mcs1990

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been in Denmark for most of this week and I've been using the TBolt exclusively on WiFi (since it doesn't work over cellular networks in Europe) and I have had no reboots whatsoever with the phone working over WiFi. I had no reboot prior to the MR1 update either.

I think my up time is around 400 hours or more. I'm running in airplane mode. The problem with making this a valid point is that you and I didn't have reboot problems before the MR1.

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I get around 2 reboots a day and it happens everywhere. Every time it reboots I cuss at Verizon and HTC and I'm closer to telling both companies to screw off and take my business else where. I'm sure this is my last HTC phone but I'll probably stay with Verizon. It just makes me feel better thinking I might leave them over these reboot issues.

My whole problem with the last update was that it leaked out 2-3 weeks before Verizon released it and a decent percentage of people had reboot problems. You can't tell me Verizon had no ideas the leak was causing it and they released it anyways.

So your phone reboots twice a day? It takes my T-bolt about 90 seconds to reboot, twice a day, that 3 minutes. So because you can't use your phone for 3 minutes (which is .2% of your day) you're done with the phone, done with the phone company, and are considering leaving the cell provider???

Good luck using 3g with AT&T 99.8% of a day........

Last edited:

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So your phone reboots twice a day? It takes my T-bolt about 90 seconds to reboot, twice a day, that 3 minutes. So because you can't use your phone for 3 minutes (which is .2% of your day) you're done with the phone, done with the phone company, and are considering leaving the cell provider???

I'm not complaining about the .2% of my that I loose from my day on reboots. My problem is the alarms (count down timer) that are not going off because of when the phone reboots they get deleted, or the Cardio tracker that doesnt track. Worse of all is when i am talking to someone and my phone shuts off. I switched from the Dinc because my speaker was going out but right now that is the lesser of the 2 evils.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Try being on an important phone call and the phone reboots on you 3 times in less than 5 minutes. My TBolt is my only means of communication I don't have a land line telephone. So people in my situation have a little more to complain about than a countdown timer getting reset but not to say that that timer isn't as important my issue. Everyone having reboot problems just want it to stop and have a phone that works like it's suppose to and not reboot when the wind blows in your direction. For those of us who are having this problem it is a big issue. Yes we can blame who ever we want either HTC or Verizon but both are to blame for not doing more extensive testing before releasing that dreaded OTA that rendered allot of us with this reboot nightmare. It's disappointing that we as the end user have to suffer because company's rush things out to the market. Quality control over all everywhere has declined because people want it now and not a minute later. That is why we have issues like this and will always will because of the impatient society we live in today. Just remember this even if you convince Verizon to give you another phone there will be another bug that will get under your skin just like this one we are experiencing. You will also have to spend more money accessorizing your new phone just as you did with the TBolt Screen protector,case, car charger..... etc. Have some patience on this fix and wait and see. I think it will all be sorted out in the soon but yet to be announced OTA. Just my 2 cents.....

P.S.
I have at minimum of 5 to 8 reboots per day on my phone so if you have only 1 to 2 per day per grateful :)

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
. Have some patience on this fix and wait and see. I think it will all be sorted out in the soon but yet to be announced OTA. Just my 2 cents.....

P.S.
I have at minimum of 5 to 8 reboots per day on my phone so if you have only 1 to 2 per day per grateful :)

Right, thats the key word people, patience.... Its a known issue and a solution is being worked on. The T-bolt is the first LTE phone and it has to work on 2 different networks at the same time. There are bugs, thats what you face as an early adopter. Its a fact of life with technology.

paliguy

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Today I when I went for my daily walk I decided to go a different way. I started my Cardio Tracker app to let me know how far I had walked. I got half way done and I went to check my progress and some time during my walk I had a reboot and it didn't track. No biggy I thought, I'll just see how far it is back. Damn phone rebooted again sometime during the walk back. Enough is enough. I am not techno savy but I might have to force the update and see if I kill my phone.
:):):):):)

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I live in a 3g/1x area and work in a 3g area. The closes 4g to me is 3 hours away. The funny thing is, my first reboot happens almost 5 hours regularly after i unplug in the morning and then off and on the rest of the day.
If i was only getting a couple a day i wouldn't be so crabby. I usually end up with 8 to 10 a day.

rhinomo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Try doing a hard reset if it such a big problem. I was getting about 2 resets a day (that I knew of) & then I did a hard reset & I only get about 1 a week. (same usage)

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

Your phone reboots faster than mine. Mine takes around 2 mins to reboot. So that's 4 min that I can't use my phone. That's 2 min I have wait to respond to client and explain why we were cut off. That's 2 min I have to wait to show someone how cool this phone is because when I was showing them how cool this phone is it rebooted itself. That's 50 min of a perfectly good run that was wasted because my phone rebooted during a run.

So ya I get a little pissed when I can't use my phone when it reboots it self.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance