kik vs liveprofile

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I use LP. I was having all kinds of issues with it, but the last update fixed it and it is running well. I almost don't miss BBM. They will be adding group chat soon and that should really make it one of the best multi-platform IM apps.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
sms > IM apps.

i started using LP and it really failed me consistently. got a bunch of people on it. 95% of them have stopped using it because of the inconsistency.

if it's between kik and LP, with stability, i'd choose LP.

ted_livingston

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey, Ted from Kik.

We are working on a lot of amazing new stuff, but I'm always interested to hear right from the community.

Some of you said you prefer LP. What is it that you prefer? Beyond getting back on BlackBerry, what things is Kik missing? What things would you want to add?

I can't promise anything, but any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated!

Ted

IronRainier

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Being a long time BBM user, I was looking for something to replace it. I tried LP, Kik, etc. I think that Kik beats LP hands down on reliability.

Kik works great 99% of the time, while LP would work about 70% of the time. I got iPhone users, and BB users who didn't get my messages, had disappearing messages, had other issues (like showing that I'm not connected when I actually was).

My biggest issues with Kik was not being able to message pictures from the gallery or group chat. They fixed both of those issues in the update at the end of April. I'm a believer.

Now all I need is for it to work on Blackberries.

IronRainier

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Ted from Kik.

We are working on a lot of amazing new stuff, but I'm always interested to hear right from the community.

Some of you said you prefer LP. What is it that you prefer? Beyond getting back on BlackBerry, what things is Kik missing? What things would you want to add?

I can't promise anything, but any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated!

Ted

I think LP has a more polished looking interface. That's just my opinion.

But thanks for doing such a great job on an app that I've been able to use almost as much as I used to use BBM.