Tether vs. Hotspot

z06psi

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
O.k. Android users.

I will admit I am very new to the HTC TB but I have been tethering for a few years on my BB Tour.

Now on the Tour I could either USB or bluetooth tether from my PC to the phone and all was well using Verizon Access Manager.

Now the TB has the hotspot feature which will be charged on the 5th of July.

Now will I still be able to tether with either USB/bluetooth without using the hotspot feature on the 6th?

Thanks in advance.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
O.k. Android users.

I will admit I am very new to the HTC TB but I have been tethering for a few years on my BB Tour.

Now on the Tour I could either USB or bluetooth tether from my PC to the phone and all was well using Verizon Access Manager.

Now the TB has the hotspot feature which will be charged on the 5th of July.

Now will I still be able to tether with either USB/bluetooth without using the hotspot feature on the 6th?

Thanks in advance.

To my knowledge, you can continue to use USB and/or the Mobile Hotspot. I don't know anyone who has successfully found Windows Modem drivers for The TBolt.

Yes, there will be a fee. No one yet knows the cost or the amount of allowed data.

Yes, you will be able to tether with the cable - using the TBolt's "Connect to PC" Menu. It is fully supported by VZW just like the Mobile Hotspot method. But, you will be charged. Again, we don't know the pricing or the amount of data, yet.

Then, there are still the under-the-rug options to use the service without paying. None of us know, now, exactly how or if they will work after VZW ceases its free period on July 6th.

-Frank