Can you guys teach me how to use

jaytua

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Juice Defender? What settings are you using? Aggresive or Balance? Please explain to me how to use the app. Thanks!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
In the long run apps designed to increase your battery (task managers, battery managers, etc.) just cause more problems than they solve.

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree, dont use juice defender or green power. On the thunderbolt all the only thing that they do is decrease battery life.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Umm. That's totally wrong. I get a lot better battery life with juice defender. Just set it so that it turns your data connection off when the screen is off. Dont mess with anything else. This actually lets me keep 4g on all day and its only chugging battery when the screen is on. Set the update option for 2 hours also so that your widgets and what not can sync every couple hours.

I agree on task killers sucking but juice defender is awesome if you use it right. Biggest problem is that it doesn't work right on all phones. Some phones it takes forever for the data to turn back on and sometimes it wont but it works great on the tbolt running das bamf 2.0.

Reactions: Air Force One

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Umm. That's totally wrong. I get a lot better battery life with juice defender. Just set it so that it turns your data connection off when the screen is off. Dont mess with anything else. This actually lets me keep 4g on all day and its only chugging battery when the screen is on. Set the update option for 2 hours also so that your widgets and what not can sync every couple hours.

Agreed, I got a lot better battery life with juice defender too. I don't use it all the time anymore as I don't like the delay for the radio to restore after waking up the phone, plus I am usually near a power source. If I am out and about I absolutely use out and it works just fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jaytua

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Right on peeps! So heres what I found out. I was running juice defender for almost a month now. I was on balanced settings. It helped my battery a little bit. Enough for me to notice. But I noticed that my battery been draining really fast. 100% then 20 mins later its 90% or less when im on 3g without any usage of the phone(internet, facebook, twitter, games,etc) Very weird. So i tried to bump charge and didnt work for me. It use to before juice defender. So I uninstalled it and did the bump charge again. What do you know. It worked again. So right now its been an hour and 40 mins since plugged and im on 96%! Good Bye Juice Defender!!!

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Appears most commenters aren't fully aware of how juice defender works.

It's not a task killer, totally different idea.

I love it, works great for me, if you don't have the paid version stick with balanced for now and make sure you don't find it inhibiting your regular phone usage.

I have the paid version so i have all the settings tweaked to my liking. I keep wifi on at all times, and it turns on automatically when i get near a know wifi point (uses cell towers NOT gps) which is really accurate.

I have it only turn on 3g when the screen is on and every 15 minutes for 30 seconds to see if any data is coming in, if it detects data then it stays on until it's don reviving/sending. This is the biggest thing that saves me power when i'm not home or near wifi. I used to lose major battery life when i was out and about, usually from low 3g reception or from moving, but now I can go all day with normal usage or longer with less aggressive usage.

Phone uses next to no battery at night because i have it set to disable all radios accept for cell between midnight and 8am, those can be automatically adjusted by a few hours by the app if it senses me using the phone during those times.

I'm continually impressed with how much extra life i get running JD and how unobtrusive it is to system performance and my regular phone usage.

It'd be nice to have data on at all times, and I can manage that, but I prefer the extra juice i get with JD over the convenience of up to the minute email updates.

If you run IM apps, then my setup or jd in general might not be your cup of tea, it will hold up any messages you receive for as long as you have data off.

I've yet to see any real negatives, I'm interested in what any actual users of JD have to say as far as negatives though.

I've never used the free version and never messed with the presets like balanced and aggressive, always used a custom setup tailored to how I use my phone.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Juice Defender works. I go on one charge every night now with my Infuse 4G. When its in sleep mode it keeps the data connection off and only syncs it every so often. That saves big time on the battery life. Also switches Wifi off to if you have that enabled.

Edit: I to have Juice Defender Plus. Worth the money in my opinion. I keep it on balenced mode. Before I would have to charge the phone sometimes twice throughout the day. Now, I take it off at 6m and by the time 11pm rolls around, its on the charger with about 20% battery life. And thats with normal usage. I dont go crazy on my phone. I use it occasionally for apps, facebook, twitter, tapatalk and some games. Text Messaging of course also.

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Right on peeps! So heres what I found out. I was running juice defender for almost a month now. I was on balanced settings. It helped my battery a little bit. Enough for me to notice. But I noticed that my battery been draining really fast. 100% then 20 mins later its 90% or less when im on 3g without any usage of the phone(internet, facebook, twitter, games,etc) Very weird. So i tried to bump charge and didnt work for me. It use to before juice defender. So I uninstalled it and did the bump charge again. What do you know. It worked again. So right now its been an hour and 40 mins since plugged and im on 96%! Good Bye Juice Defender!!!

Don't see how JD could affect bump charging...

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Wow. Was kinda shocked to come on here and hear that juice defender doesn't work for so many people. Friend at work told me about it a few weeks ago and its been amazing for the battery life on my Evo 4G. For someone like me that isn't able to use my cell phone much throughout the day I went from about half a day of battery life to a full day. I love it!

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Glad you found your solution. I have tried many of those programs and none of them worked for me.

kra2y

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Juice defender has nothing to do with charging. Your battery going from 100 to 90 fast is because you can't trickle charge lithium batteries so instead it charges to 100% then won't kick in again until about 90% but the phone will still show 100% then all of a sudden it will show the true battery level which depending on how long ago it hit 100% percent could be any where in between. I get much better life with juice defender running.i have all data turned off when screen is off with no schedule turning on data.also turns data off when battery is low.

jaytua

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All- im getting pretty good battery if you just turn off 3g, 4g, gps, and wifi. Just turn them on if u need it. You'll still get texts and receive phone calls.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk