Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Verizon Tiered Data to start 7/07

    Just read on p3droid twitter that Verizon will start tiered data on July 7th.
  2. #2  
    cordoni's Avatar

    Posts
    935 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    And that is who, and why should i believe him? Just asking.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

    If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Another few weeks and this will likely be added to the dozen other dates that have come and gone.
  4. #4  
    One Radical Dude's Avatar

    Posts
    158 Posts
    ROM
    Team BAMF, ICS 4.0.3

    Default

    I say that info is a bunch of malarkey. I don't believe it.
  5. #5  
    the one and only M's Avatar

    Posts
    404 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

    Default

    Verizon is giving us free unlimited hotspot until July 6th just so they can quickly take all unlimited data away the next day and laugh in our faces.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    cordoni's Avatar

    Posts
    935 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    Verizon is giving us free unlimited hotspot until July 6th just so they can quickly take all unlimited data away the next day and laugh in our faces.
    LOL. That cracked me up.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

    If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
  7. #7  
    K_Daddy's Avatar

    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

    Default

    Any links? Or proof of any kind?
  8. #8  
    project.in.process's Avatar

    Posts
    1,223 Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

    Default

    are you refering to this chart/story shown on Droid-Life?
    Verizon is Making Changes to Plans on June 26, Family Data Sharing a Possibility? (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    reasoning=hotspot ends july 6th, people think the 7th will begin the next phase of data.
  9. #9  
    TBolt2011's Avatar

    Posts
    699 Posts
    ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

    Default

    Shouldn't we ALL know by now, especially in the Thunderbolt forum of all places, not to listen to ANY date about ANYthing EVER? >.>

    Just my two cents, seeing as I'm locked into my $30/month plan for another 21 months at least.
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
  10. #10  
    cordoni's Avatar

    Posts
    935 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt2011 View Post
    Just my two cents, seeing as I'm locked into my $30/month plan for another 21 months at least.
    16 months for me! Wohoo!

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

    If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K_Daddy View Post
    Any links? Or proof of any kind?
    P3Droid: RT RT RT PLZ: TEIRED ATA ON VZW BEGINS 7/7..Decide now what u want to do

    http://twitter.com/P3Droid/status/81857460901650432

    He had a typo but meant to say tiered data. Hope this copy and paste worked right. Never done this from phone ha

    Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    SpaceHippie's Avatar
    Journeyman

    Posts
    1,508 Posts
    ROM
    A

    Default

    Hell, if they have a 2GB data plan that's cheaper than the $30 unlimited plan im locked into now, i'll gladly switch since i don't even use a GB in a month.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays
  13. #13  
    Mortiel's Avatar

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

    Default

    Phandroid: "Update: We’re hearing that you may not see any major changes including family shared data until after the 4G LTE hotspot promo ends on July 7th."

    Try reading the rumors?

    Aside, that family share stuff won't be out for quite a while... trust me on that.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
  14. #14  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    641 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default

    It'll all be At&t style, we already have Unlimited Data, we're not gonna have that taken away. Even when we sign new contracts. They can't take away Unlimited Data or even throttle it because of the contracts we signed, contracts work both ways. The customer and the company both have to follow it.
  15. #15  
    Doctor A's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    It'll all be At&t style, we already have Unlimited Data, we're not gonna have that taken away. Even when we sign new contracts. They can't take away Unlimited Data or even throttle it because of the contracts we signed, contracts work both ways. The customer and the company both have to follow it.
    I hope you are correct. I have seen some people post on forums that if you upgrade your phone with contract you may lose unlimited if the new 2 year contract does not offer unlimited. They have stated if you purchase new phone without contract you will continue unlimited. I do not think they really know what will happen with tiered data plans once they drop.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor A View Post
    I hope you are correct. I have seen some people post on forums that if you upgrade your phone with contract you may lose unlimited if the new 2 year contract does not offer unlimited. They have stated if you purchase new phone without contract you will continue unlimited. I do not think they really know what will happen with tiered data plans once they drop.
    That would be my guess. Once you sign a new contract you lose unlimited. I would be fine paying full price for a phone as long as I am unlimited. At&t is only unlimited if the people stay on an iPhone. If they switch to a Droid they no longer have unlimited data.
  17. #17  
    Doctor A's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pennywise View Post
    That would be my guess. Once you sign a new contract you lose unlimited. I would be fine paying full price for a phone as long as I am unlimited. At&t is only unlimited if the people stay on an iPhone. If they switch to a Droid they no longer have unlimited data.
    I am with you-no upgrade for me. I will purchase full price as well. However I did buy my Thunderbolt new from ebay seller for $400 which is better than Verizon's $570.
  18. #18  

    Default

    The worst case scenerio is that I will have to avoid signing a new contract and pay full price for a new device. That's not the worst thing because I would rather keep the same phone for about 2 years and keep unlimited data than worry about my data capacity and pay excessive overages.

    Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    It'll all be At&t style, we already have Unlimited Data, we're not gonna have that taken away. Even when we sign new contracts. They can't take away Unlimited Data or even throttle it because of the contracts we signed, contracts work both ways. The customer and the company both have to follow it.
    I received an updated data document from Verizon that said that throttling and "data optimization" can be used on accounts that were started or renewed after February 13th (or maybe it was 23rd). I specifically renewed my contact when the TB came out so I could lock in unlimited data and 4G, but I must have missed that fine print at the time.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jarz21 View Post
    I received an updated data document from Verizon that said that throttling and "data optimization" can be used on accounts that were started or renewed after February 13th (or maybe it was 23rd). I specifically renewed my contact when the TB came out so I could lock in unlimited data and 4G, but I must have missed that fine print at the time.
    I'm extremely glad that I signed a new contract last July when I bought a Droid 2. I'm in the safe zone in terms of data optimization if what you say is true.
  21. #21  
    K_Daddy's Avatar

    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

    Default

    A tweet is not proof. We all have contracts and they can't change anything without your permission.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default

    Here is more info as well.

    "droid_life: Exclusive: Tiered Data Plans Headed To Verizon July 7, Packages Start At $30 For 2GB - http://goo.gl/dEDrC #verizon"
    --http://twitter.com/droid_life/status/82846958703742977


    Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  23. #23  
    robrecht's Avatar
    Pretty good member

    Posts
    915 Posts
    Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    Phandroid: "Update: Were hearing that you may not see any major changes including family shared data until after the 4G LTE hotspot promo ends on July 7th."

    Try reading the rumors?
    Read today's rumor on Phandroid and let us know what you think.
  24. #24  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default

    I don't understand how tethering plays into this.

    -Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  25. #25  

    Default

    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...july-7th/25696

    Big Red has their bloodsucking tools in place it would appear. Pretty pricey for the amount of data permitted. I find this line most telling:

    "There is no word on what Verizon plans on doing with its current unlimited subscribers, though it’s likely the company will just force them to move to the new plans."

    Good luck with "forcing" that Verizon. That constitutes a breach of contract and I'll take my business elsewhere without penalty thank you very much.

    I use wi-fi at home and am at 2.6gb LTE use since 6/1this month. And this does NOT constitute "heavy use" IMHO. I could live with a 5gb cap for $30 but $50 for that plus $20 for 2gb hotspot and this really starts to add up. Like it's cheap to start with....NOT!

    Considering the problems with stability on the new network and the inherent Thunderbolt issues that I'm still somewhat convinced are not HTC's problem but are caused by Verizon to start with, I'm about to rethink my loyalty to Big Red as a customer.

    I think it's marvelous they are jacking prices already for a service they can barely deliver.
    Last edited by cadzilla74; 06-20-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions