How many people leave phone on 4g?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I find myself turning off 4g unless i'm downloading an album or something. how many people leave 4g on and just deal with weak battery life?

i had a charge for a week and left 4g on but it has better battery life so i kinda got spoiled

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
With me it's more than just battery life. It's frequent total data dropout with 4G on.

Edit: I should add, when I am traveling and I am in good strong signal areas (unlike at my house) I do leave the phone on 4G and it does a great job of switching fast from 3G/4G, as appropriate. No battery issues either. But, in spotty coverage areas, I get frequent total data dropout. No 1x, no 3G, no 4G for 5+ minutes at a time. I really want to try this new MR2(.5) Radio update. GB can wait.

-Frank

Last edited:

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I leave it on 4G. I am usually on Wifi most of the day (work) and night (home), I also have the Extended Battery (with the Sedio Active Extended case), so battery is really a total none issue for me. I am hoping with the radio updates, I can go back to the 1400mah battery, so we'll see.

I refuse to keep my phone on 3G, it is a 4G phone, I want 4G service.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 4G all the time. I get from 8-14 hrs on a good day and I have access to a charger at any time of the day, so battery issue is minmal for me.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I use the LTE OnOff app. It switches to WiFi at home, work and other places I go with WiFi. Then to 4G the rest of the time (I live in 4G Ohio). I also carry a spare battery with me that I (almost) always swap out in the afternoon. I also have a car charger (in the car) and a double charger at home.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I find myself turning off 4g unless i'm downloading an album or something. how many people leave 4g on and just deal with weak battery life?

i had a charge for a week and left 4g on but it has better battery life so i kinda got spoiled
I used to. But then all of a sudden (like 3 weeks ago) I was pulling 3-5x the ammount of current in 4G as I was in 3G. So now I run 3G.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
when i was on the charge i couldn't get 4g in my house. not an issue because i have wifi but still. with the tb i get 2 bars of 4g which makes me think the radio is better. i'm hoping that the next ota helps enough to where i can leave it on 4g.

i loved 4g data speeds on the charge but hated the ui and lag so i got a tb.
but now i can't use 4g for fear of running out of battery. come on htc. step it up

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I leave it on 4G except for when I'm on my relatively fast WiFi at home where there's also no 4G. I don't worry about battery life much 'cause I have a 2nd standard battery as well as a 2750 mAh extended life battery.

Thanks, Robrecht

MikeDUBS

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I leave 4g on all the time, even at home where I have wifi. 4g is faster than my wifi and I can always plug in to a charger if need be.

Thunderbolt HO!!!!

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I always have mine on. I really don't think I know how to turn it off.

the only time I used wifi was to download Plants vs Zombies for free from the Amazon market and that was an adventure in itself!

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I turn mine off until I need to use it, i have a quick settings in my notification bar that has wifi, mobile hotspot, mobile network(4g) and gps. So its really easy to turn on and off so it doesn't bother me. I use wifi at home anyways.

Edit: and reading above when I see people say they have 2 bars of 4g, you know the bars have nothing to do with your 4g right? The bars are strictly for you signal strength for your calls and reception.

Last edited:

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I leave mine on all the time and make it through the day no problem I do live in a very well covered 4g area though.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues in #pmt I only get it at work, but I would always leave it on either way.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
For the first couple of weeks I kept it on WiFi at home and on 4G when away. After awhile I just started leaving it on 4G, I'm not a heavy phone user so even on 4G I still get 12-16 hours.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine stays on except when I'm home and Llama auto-switches me to wi-fi. I'm in a solid coverage LTE area. I've experimented with 3G vs LTE and battery difference was negligible at best. The 2 main battery soaks for me are Display and Voice calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084