What have you done to your Thunderbolt today?

EisBlade

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
[should be a stickie since someone somewhere is always doing something to their phone. As a stickie this quickly becomes the most active thread.]

Today:
- cleaned/wiped then flashed Th3ory ROM, but back to BAMF 2.0-5
- spent the rest of the day scrubbing Contacts; 7 duplicates per contact = 1600+....ugh!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I placed a voice call - just for a change!

Oh... checked for updates about 12 times so far :D :D :D

Installed Peggle.

Edit: On the more serious side... I've been "geocaching" for cell sites today using Netmonitor and Open Signal from the Market. Way cool. And fun driving around watching the phone cell tower hop around and finding the new tower on a map. Then driving to it an locating it. Really kinda fun. Also very helpful in understanding why your phone might switch towers frequently. At least here in hilly Denver. You might be on a strong tower 3 miles away and when you go down into a valley for a few blocks switch to a low powered site a half mile away - then when you come up on the other side of the hill go back to another tower in a whole 'nother direction. All in the space of a half mile. Very interesting. Maybe I'm easily amused. But I think this is more fun than Peggle. :)

-Frank

Last edited:

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
unrotted my phone :( (dumb work policy other wise i would have to carry an iphone)

working to get my phone back to the way i want it

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Discovered Dock Mode. I don't have a dock, but it's still a cool little feature. I have mine plugged in at work constantly and prop it up in portrait mode, but this leaves the screen on and has the flip clock. I dig it.

EisBlade

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
- After tedious manual deletion of the duplicates in Contacts (blew up from 350 to over 1600+), I am now down to only 500+. Plus, I just learned 30 min. ago how properly import contacts and using Google to back them up, as well as locate/remove duplicates. Efficiency and knowledge increased. WOOT.

- I was on BAMF 2.0 beta 5 and liked it, then thought I would move to Ginger Th3ory v4.1 for it's speed. Comparing the two, I found Th3ory to be sluggish in response to input so am now looking for another (read: fast/quick) ROM. Any ideas?

Last edited:

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Discovered Dock Mode. I don't have a dock, but it's still a cool little feature. I have mine plugged in at work constantly and prop it up in portrait mode, but this leaves the screen on and has the flip clock. I dig it.

How do I enable this when plugged in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair