Newbie Pandora question

OlderThanDirt

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
When running Pandora on mobile network and on battery, I seem to have to either:
1 - Leave Auto-lock ON, but then when one song ends another won't start until I press the power button to turn the display back on (irritating), OR
2 - Leave Auto-lock OFF, but then the display stays on, using up my battery.

Is there a way to have Pandora continue to run after the display turns off?

tia,

Paul

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I've had had some issues recently too, but it seems sporadic, maybe since the last update? Testing something... brb.

Does it work if you check off and then manually turn off the screen? Is for me. Testing the other way... with on checked it turned off at the end of song, wake up and it came back on.

Just did it again, so it's definitely that for whatever reason.... never mind, next song just started, lol

I'm running this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1124417

Last edited:
Reactions: OlderThanDirt

OlderThanDirt

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I've had had some issues recently too, but it seems sporadic, maybe since the last update? Testing something... brb.

Does it work if you check off and then manually turn off the screen? Is for me. Testing the other way... with on checked it turned off at the end of song, wake up and it came back on.

Just did it again, so it's definitely that for whatever reason.... never mind, next song just started, lol

I'm running this.
[APP] Pandora 1.5.9 themed - xda-developers

"Does it work if you check off and then manually turn off the screen?" - This seems to work - thanks.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Some claim issues on Gingerbread. That is what I'm on. Wonder if this is cause it. OldDirt - Are you rooted?

l0wr1d3r

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Auto-Lock on, Pandora plays nonstop. Maybe your problems are related to losing your data connection sporadically? Make sure you don't have JuiceDefender or something cutting data when the screen is off...

jfoofoo#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
are you using any type of power saving app? such as juice defender? those app will turn off radio if the screen goes dark but you can tweak it to allow radio for certain app.

adaorange

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
make sure you have the "always on mobile data" feature enabled. I read that pandora and others like tunein radio won't work properly unless this feature is enabled. you can find it under 'settings', 'wireless and networks', 'mobile networks'. you want to check the box that says "enable always-onmobile data". I recently disable that which makes a HUGE impact on my battery. I'm wondering if something like tasker can make it so that whenever I open pandora or tunein that this feature will automatically become enabled, then disabled when i close those apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463