Phonebook Entry question

arcaine25

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was given a thunderbolt by a client of mine who didn't like his (super nice guy lol)
I have been using an original Moto Droid until now.. one thing I have noticed with pretty much any other phone except a Motorola is that if you have a phonebook entry in your phone that has the area code listed (such as my mother for example) but instead of scrolling thorugh the list you decide to dial the number WITHOUT the are code, it says unknown and doesn't show "mom" , but if I dial the area code it will show up as "mom.
Now on my Moto Droid it didn't matter, with no area code dialed it still showed "mom" even though the addressbook listed the area code... Anybody have the same issue or a fix? it;s just annoying more than anything... It even did this with the samsung phones i've had in the past...
Any help much appreciated!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
haha i just tried it. I have to dial the area code as well. Thats so stupid (smartphone) go figure. Ive looked for a way to correct with negative results.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was given a thunderbolt by a client of mine who didn't like his (super nice guy lol)
I have been using an original Moto Droid until now.. one thing I have noticed with pretty much any other phone except a Motorola is that if you have a phonebook entry in your phone that has the area code listed (such as my mother for example) but instead of scrolling thorugh the list you decide to dial the number WITHOUT the are code, it says unknown and doesn't show "mom" , but if I dial the area code it will show up as "mom.
Now on my Moto Droid it didn't matter, with no area code dialed it still showed "mom" even though the addressbook listed the area code... Anybody have the same issue or a fix? it;s just annoying more than anything... It even did this with the samsung phones i've had in the past...
Any help much appreciated!
You see, the problem is, that the same number with a different area code is someone else's mom. See?

-Frank

arcaine25

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You see, the problem is, that the same number with a different area code is someone else's mom. See?

-Frank

lol, yes, true, but my Motorola's have always done it :) v60i, v260, razr etc, but no other phone.. it's just super annoying, i don't always want to scroll through my list, nor do i want to have hundreds of speed dial shortcuts / favorites.... oh well :-(

buzzno

May 16, 2011
Visit site
lol, yes, true, but my Motorola's have always done it :) v60i, v260, razr etc, but no other phone.. it's just super annoying, i don't always want to scroll through my list, nor do i want to have hundreds of speed dial shortcuts / favorites.... oh well :-(

I'm coming from the Moto Droid as well and noticed this. If you were in the area code that you're dialing to then it would work fine, if not you had to dial the area code. Seems like the TB would pick up on that. It is annoying to see "unknown" in the history.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from the Moto Droid as well and noticed this. If you were in the area code that you're dialing to then it would work fine, if not you had to dial the area code. Seems like the TB would pick up on that. It is annoying to see "unknown" in the history.

Coming from an Alias 2, I've noticed this too. Haha

Not a big deal at all, but usually it recognizes the area code you're in. If it's auto-dialing a (123) area code for you, it should be able to pull the contact from your list.

Oh well. :)