slacker radio will not uninstall

JMM374

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to uninstall slacker on my tbolt, but the phone will not let me. I have tried to uninstall through market my apps, through menu settings manage apps, and through app brain. Any suggestions? Anytime I try to uninstall it says unsuccessful

jim302

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded slacker through the market it is not blote wear. I'm not a noob
It is pre-loaded.

If you downloaded/updated it from the market, and try to uninstall it, the pre-loaded version comes back.

The only way to get rid of it completely is to root the phone.

If you are having issues with it, you should be able to go into Settings->Applications->Manage->All->Slacker and hit Clear Data. I have had to do this once or twice for Slacker since it can be a little buggy at times. You won't lose any custom stations, banned artists/songs, etc by clearing the data.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
It's funny because I have always used Slacker(Nexus One) so when I got the TBolt I was just as happy that it was there. The one app I don't consider bloat because I'd have downloaded it anyway.:)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I hate any bloatware... anything that is not part of the OS, or in the case of HTC devices... Sense is ok because it's part of HTC's experience with Android, and I can always put my own Launcher on it... but things like Slacker, Golf, Rhapsody, Tune Wiki, Blockbuster, City ID, or even Rockband should not be loaded on your device.

I think AC's Podcast did a great job explaining the situation just this past Thursday.

droiduserh

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to uninstall slacker on my tbolt, but the phone will not let me. I have tried to uninstall through market my apps, through menu settings manage apps, and through app brain. Any suggestions? Anytime I try to uninstall it says unsuccessful

I got rid of it on mine! Hook your droids storage up to a pc with usb cord. Look for a folder called "slacker" Right click and delete. It will never come back : )

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I hate any bloatware... anything that is not part of the OS, or in the case of HTC devices... Sense is ok because it's part of HTC's experience with Android, and I can always put my own Launcher on it... but things like Slacker, Golf, Rhapsody, Tune Wiki, Blockbuster, City ID, or even Rockband should not be loaded on your device.

I think AC's Podcast did a great job explaining the situation just this past Thursday.

agreed. i'm too busy with work & studies to learn how to root. i hate the bloatware on my Bolt

spectraflash

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Slacker Radio is bloatware but you can delete it. Get a file manager app, like AndExplorer. Find the folder where Slacker lives and just delete the POS. It's not as effective as uninstalling it, but it's no longer running in the background on my Droid Razr Maxx.

FYI, Pandora and Slacker Radio are nefarious apps that compromise your personal info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza