Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fatboy97
  • 1 Post By droiduserh
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default slacker radio will not uninstall

I am trying to uninstall slacker on my tbolt, but the phone will not let me. I have tried to uninstall through market my apps, through menu settings manage apps, and through app brain. Any suggestions? Anytime I try to uninstall it says unsuccessful

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its blote where can't get rid of it unless u root.

Why do people feel that they have to get rid of this? Slacker = Pandora.

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cbuzz View Post
    Why do people feel that they have to get rid of this? Slacker = Pandora.
    I don't get I just use slacker one less app I have to download
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I downloaded slacker through the market it is not blote wear. I'm not a noob

Quote Originally Posted by JMM374 View Post
    I downloaded slacker through the market it is not blote wear. I'm not a noob
    It is pre-loaded.

If you downloaded/updated it from the market, and try to uninstall it, the pre-loaded version comes back.

The only way to get rid of it completely is to root the phone.

If you are having issues with it, you should be able to go into Settings->Applications->Manage->All->Slacker and hit Clear Data. I have had to do this once or twice for Slacker since it can be a little buggy at times. You won't lose any custom stations, banned artists/songs, etc by clearing the data.

It's funny because I have always used Slacker(Nexus One) so when I got the TBolt I was just as happy that it was there. The one app I don't consider bloat because I'd have downloaded it anyway.
    "Greetings, people. Greetings. Greetings and salutations. What a beautiful day for a ball game. Let's play two!"
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Re: slacker radio will not uninstall

Ok thank you

I hate any bloatware... anything that is not part of the OS, or in the case of HTC devices... Sense is ok because it's part of HTC's experience with Android, and I can always put my own Launcher on it... but things like Slacker, Golf, Rhapsody, Tune Wiki, Blockbuster, City ID, or even Rockband should not be loaded on your device.

I think AC's Podcast did a great job explaining the situation just this past Thursday.
    808TBolt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JMM374 View Post
    I am trying to uninstall slacker on my tbolt, but the phone will not let me. I have tried to uninstall through market my apps, through menu settings manage apps, and through app brain. Any suggestions? Anytime I try to uninstall it says unsuccessful
    I got rid of it on mine! Hook your droids storage up to a pc with usb cord. Look for a folder called "slacker" Right click and delete. It will never come back : )
    808TBolt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I hate any bloatware... anything that is not part of the OS, or in the case of HTC devices... Sense is ok because it's part of HTC's experience with Android, and I can always put my own Launcher on it... but things like Slacker, Golf, Rhapsody, Tune Wiki, Blockbuster, City ID, or even Rockband should not be loaded on your device.

I think AC's Podcast did a great job explaining the situation just this past Thursday.
    agreed. i'm too busy with work & studies to learn how to root. i hate the bloatware on my Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by droiduserh View Post
    I got rid of it on mine! Hook your droids storage up to a pc with usb cord. Look for a folder called "slacker" Right click and delete. It will never come back : )
    i'm gonna try this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by droiduserh View Post
    I tried this but it did not work

Slacker Radio is bloatware but you can delete it. Get a file manager app, like AndExplorer. Find the folder where Slacker lives and just delete the POS. It's not as effective as uninstalling it, but it's no longer running in the background on my Droid Razr Maxx.

FYI, Pandora and Slacker Radio are nefarious apps that compromise your personal info.