Advice for customizing the look of my TBolt menus...

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello smart people...several questions here...

I have had the TB since day one and I'm lovin' it. I'm not rooted. I don't know what hole I've been under but I just purchased Beautiful Widgets and also downloaded Launcher Pro. Needless to say I didn't get any work done yesterday as I was playing on my phone all day severely enhancing the look of my phone.

Okay my questions:

1) With Launcher Pro, I like how A) Its free and B) you can customize the bar at the bottom and C) the apps and icons rotate with the phone when you go into landscape mode. Is there always a delay of a few seconds or so when switching from portrait to landscape mode on the home screens? Is there a way to increase that response time?

2) I don't know how many free/good launchers are out there for the average user, but do I need to buy the Launcher Pro Plus version to make it better or faster?

3) Is Launcher Pro bad on battery life? And how would I switch back to HTC Sense Launcher if I want to stop using LP?

4) How do you all take pictures/screen captures of your screens as many do in the threads about wallpapers/skins?

5) Is there a way to change the right icon at the bottom of the screen to something besides "personalize" without rooting or using Launcher Pro?

6) Finally, this is sort of a dumb question but some of the Clock Skins that you can download (once you tap on the weather icon of a Beautiful Widget and then hit menu > Clock Skins) have designs behind them. Is there matching wallpaper for each since the widget only takes up 1/4 or 1/2 of the screen?

Thank you all!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello smart people...several questions here...

I have had the TB since day one and I'm lovin' it. I'm not rooted. I don't know what hole I've been under but I just purchased Beautiful Widgets and also downloaded Launcher Pro. Needless to say I didn't get any work done yesterday as I was playing on my phone all day severely enhancing the look of my phone.

Okay my questions:

1) With Launcher Pro, I like how A) Its free and B) you can customize the bar at the bottom and C) the apps and icons rotate with the phone when you go into landscape mode. Is there always a delay of a few seconds or so when switching from portrait to landscape mode on the home screens? Is there a way to increase that response time?
Yea, there's a slight delay.. nothing major, should be less then a second. You can adjust the opening/closing speeds of the app drawer and screen previews.
2) I don't know how many free/good launchers are out there for the average user, but do I need to buy the Launcher Pro Plus version to make it better or faster?
Yes, the paid version is better and gives you more options like customizing the launcher.
3) Is Launcher Pro bad on battery life? And how would I switch back to HTC Sense Launcher if I want to stop using LP?
Its not bad on battery... download "Home Switcher" from the market. Just delete any widgets running from the screens on Sense when using Launcher Pro so you don't have extra widgets running... vice versa.. if using the Sense launcher.
4) How do you all take pictures/screen captures of your screens as many do in the threads about wallpapers/skins?
There's plenty of apps in the market if you're rooted. I like "Screen shot it" or you can screen capture if not rooted using the SDK:Take Android screenshots without root | Android Central
5) Is there a way to change the right icon at the bottom of the screen to something besides "personalize" without rooting or using Launcher Pro?
There's additional Sense skins you can download. I believe they all have the personalize option though but are very nice:[SKIN][Tutorial][17.06.2011] Skins for HTC Sense 2.0 roms & Framework mods. - xda-developers
6) Finally, this is sort of a dumb question but some of the Clock Skins that you can download (once you tap on the weather icon of a Beautiful Widget and then hit menu > Clock Skins) have designs behind them. Is there matching wallpaper for each since the widget only takes up 1/4 or 1/2 of the screen?

Thank you all!
No.. they don't come with matching wallpapers. I have a lot of wallpapers in the "Android Logo Wallpaper" thread. If you see something you like.. let me know and I can post the wallpaper without any logos in it for you. Send any requests to that thread.. in my signature below.

Reactions: SMD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa