Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread on June 30th

I went to the Verizon Wireless corporate store in Jacksonville FL yesterday June 24th. My wife got the Charge. I was talking to my guy there and he told me he couldnt officially say anything about the tiered data plans... but he hinted it was coming. He also mentioned to me after looking around that the 2.3 update for the thunderbolt was going to be rolling out on June 30th. We were talking about rooting the thunderbolt and he said he was waiting until after that date. What have you guys heard?
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Default Re: Gingerbread on June 30th

I'd bet he was surfing these same sites when he was "looking around"...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

He claimed he got the info in an email at work...

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Can't talk about Tierd Plans......LOL

They aren't tiered plans they are "customer benefit" plans.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tjlandberg View Post
    They aren't tiered plans they are "customer benefit" plans.
    Lol as fair as gingerbread goes when we see a new customer support page on verizon ill be a little more optimistic until then its jusst another rumor
    Last edited by yodatom10; 06-25-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Pretty good member

Hope we're wrong, but most of us do not believe for a minute the rumor about GB on June 30th. More likely, it's some kind of MR2.6ish OTA update that will reduce or eliminate the reboot problem that some are experiencing, perhaps at the expense of worse battery life for some people as well. We do not know for sure, of course, but this opinion is likely more reliable than anything you will hear from a Verizon rep. If Verizon is smart, they will include a working version of Skype video chat in the next OTA update with HBO Go and Netflix fixed very soon thereafter. This would make the most sense for them to capitalize on tiered data. Gingerbread would be helpful, but the alpha leaks we've seen so far don't seem ready for prime time yet.
    Last edited by robrecht; 06-25-2011 at 09:06 AM.

If by June 28th is still not announced at Verizon website, it is not happening.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Still no announcement. A watched pot never boils.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

He was claiming when it rolls out it will have Google Talk with video chat on it too lol
    Pretty good member

Quote Originally Posted by cornettbr View Post
    He was claiming when it rolls out it will have Google Talk with video chat on it too lol
    He's just repeating the same single-source rumor & screenshot (with several misspellings) that we've all seen here. It's been appearing on most Android 'news' sites for the past week or so. I can find it for you if you give me a minute. But, like I say, we all hope it's true but most don't believe it.

Edit: here you go:

This sounds like it's been 'confirmed' by reliable source:

But we still haven't seen a ROM leak that looks ready for prime time and devs in the know still don't expect to see one till later in the summer.
    Last edited by robrecht; 06-25-2011 at 10:19 AM.
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

Sure would be an awesome surprise, but not gonna happen on June 30th. We'll most likely see an MR update to fix other issues soon, but no GB love for us in the near future.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    Sure would be an awesome surprise, but not gonna happen on June 30th. We'll most likely see an MR update to fix other issues soon, but no GB love for us in the near future.
    One reason that wouldn't bother me is that when I apply MR2 (sans GB) I'd like to be able to evaluate the results without being encumbered by all the potential GB differences. At least if they distribute only MR2 (primarily radio fixes) we'll know what what we're looking for. You know, too many changes at the same time make things more difficult to analyze.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 06-25-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Quote Originally Posted by cornettbr View Post
    Does it also have Enchanced aGPS functionality and Enhanced Microsoft Exchange Extentions?

Either the "leaked" release notes document is fake (most likely) or someone at VZW needs to use Spell Check.

If there is one thing I've learned over the past few years about Smartphones... and that is that Reps are not reliable sources of information and know very little from their corporate offices.

If GB is truly coming in 5 days...actually if anything is coming from VZW in 5 days, where is the leak? Official releases always leak before they are officially released and what we have seen leaked (MR2, and MR2.5 radio) has not been worthy of official release.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

I went in and upgraded my daughter to a smartphone w/ unlimited package. I nearly had to pry info out of the guy. He indicated that they are not allowed to discuss about the tiered package at all. His first words were I don't know what you are talking about, wink, wink. He also indicated that there is no GB update coming anytime soon. Only an update to potentially fix or reduce the chances of the reboot problem. Just taking from the horses mouth.

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

There is a leaked version of gb, out also has sense 2.1. Youtube it.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.

the mr2 radios are glitchy and cause horrid signal on my phone. im back to mr1 and froyo for now. ill deal with the occasional reboot. look we all know the tbolt is gonna get 2.3.4 and id bet it will be out by july sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    the evo 4g got ginger and so we will.

Quote Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
    the evo 4g got ginger and so we will.
    I expect that we will eventually get GB. I will be floored if it is this week.
    No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

ROM
    Stock/Franco

I think most of us have learned our lessons with this device by now. HTC Delay 4g will get no more high hopes from me.

it will come when my phone says "update available now" vzw can keep their leaked documents and csr rumors.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I've said it a million times.........When the timer goes"DING" Verizon will open the door and out will come Gingerbread, and not until.

I will be completely surprised if a GB update does surface on jun 30

Newest info from Droid Life.

Transmitted through 4G via Thunderbolt
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast