Yahoo mail not syncing

lilapookie

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
My yahoo email has not been syncing on my Thunderbolt the past two days. I am not using the application but rather the mail app that came with the phone. Has anyone else been having this problem and if so is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance and this is my first post so the "rude ones" please don't be mean.

TowerGuy100

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I heard from some friends that use iPhones that Yahoo made changes and you now have to pay for Mail Plus at $20/yr. So, I don't think it is your phone.

saraheba

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine hadn't worked for about a week now. I had to download the actual yahoo app. Whenever I try to redo my mail setup I keep getting invalid user/pw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo has been updating their security servers recently and this has been causing this issue on a number of users devices, I believe they are updating servers by regions and this causes groups of users but not all that may be using those servers for email access, usually its been down a few days and then comes back like normal.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here, also Yahoo Mail in of itself seems to delay email. I have received email that was sent four to eight hours earlier. I am going to stop using this service, it has been going downhill for awhile now.

sandslayer

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
yeah, my yahoo no longer syncs...I even deleted my yahoo info and recreated it to no avail, i can still access my yahoo mail on my pc though.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Same thing here, also Yahoo Mail in of itself seems to delay email. I have received email that was sent four to eight hours earlier. I am going to stop using this service, it has been going downhill for awhile now.

Have you thought that the Yahoo app goes through a dedicated server where the Android email client transmit the email through a 3rd party client that causes some of the issue with Android not Yahoo email directly.. Check the service application for Android and you will see what I mean...

https://login.yahoo.com/config/logi...ahoo.com/WSLogin/V1/unlink?.intl=us&.scrumb=0

attachment.php

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Wife has been having this problem with yahoo mail on her droid charge. I deleted the the yahoo account and re added it. That seemed to fix it for the time being.

nmscuba

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Well before I found this thread, I called Verizon on Sat and they new nothing as usual, then I uninstalled and reinstalled my yahoo account, I unrooted and went to MR1 then MR2 then Duh I came here to see if anyone else was having the problem. Won't make that mistake again.

So I like others went to the market place and download the yahoo mail app, its works great and it gives me notices I have mail.

Actually it seems much easier to use with all the folders right there verses the account setup version. So I just may stick with this unless someone has some better suggestions?

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded app and it does work,but I like the stock one better.Guess I'll have to keep checking and see if stock will start working.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've mentioned this in other threads but the app Maildroid has worked great for me with Yahoo and the developer just fixed that Yahoo issue so everything is working like clockwork. I do like the look of the Yahoo app, but Maildroid allows you to combine all other accounts in one box if you want and handles specifically Yahoo Mail better than any other app that I've tried (including K9). Its Idle Push too so the emails come almost immediately to your phone. And unlike many apps, when you have an issue, you simply contact the developer and he usually responds within hours! That is unheard of support for apps with >250,000 downloads.

Just a thought. Good luck!

agula001

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've mentioned this in other threads but the app Maildroid has worked great for me with Yahoo and the developer just fixed that Yahoo issue so everything is working like clockwork. I do like the look of the Yahoo app, but Maildroid allows you to combine all other accounts in one box if you want and handles specifically Yahoo Mail better than any other app that I've tried (including K9). Its Idle Push too so the emails come almost immediately to your phone. And unlike many apps, when you have an issue, you simply contact the developer and he usually responds within hours! That is unheard of support for apps with >250,000 downloads.

Just a thought. Good luck!

thanks for the recommendation
- hows maildroid on the thunderbolts
battery? faster drain?

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I do notice several people with issues with Yahoo had the wrong server settings. It is supposed to be this:

Incoming Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 993
Use SSL

Outgoing Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
Use SSL
Require Log In

If that fails, try the Y! Mail app.

My recommendation? Google is a better mail provider in every single way. Why use Yahoo!? Set up your Gmail to retrieve email from your Yahoo! account while transitioning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay