Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Yahoo mail not syncing

My yahoo email has not been syncing on my Thunderbolt the past two days. I am not using the application but rather the mail app that came with the phone. Has anyone else been having this problem and if so is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance and this is my first post so the "rude ones" please don't be mean.

Default Re: Yahoo mail not syncing

I heard from some friends that use iPhones that Yahoo made changes and you now have to pay for Mail Plus at $20/yr. So, I don't think it is your phone.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11

Mine hadn't worked for about a week now. I had to download the actual yahoo app. Whenever I try to redo my mail setup I keep getting invalid user/pw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saraheba View Post
    Mine hadn't worked for about a week now. I had to download the actual yahoo app. Whenever I try to redo my mail setup I keep getting invalid user/pw.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Yea... I have the same thing happening. It's been about two weeks.

Yahoo has been updating their security servers recently and this has been causing this issue on a number of users devices, I believe they are updating servers by regions and this causes groups of users but not all that may be using those servers for email access, usually its been down a few days and then comes back like normal.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Same thing here, also Yahoo Mail in of itself seems to delay email. I have received email that was sent four to eight hours earlier. I am going to stop using this service, it has been going downhill for awhile now.

yeah, my yahoo no longer syncs...I even deleted my yahoo info and recreated it to no avail, i can still access my yahoo mail on my pc though.

ok well i was forced to download the "yahoo mail app.."

Quote Originally Posted by drhere View Post
    Same thing here, also Yahoo Mail in of itself seems to delay email. I have received email that was sent four to eight hours earlier. I am going to stop using this service, it has been going downhill for awhile now.
    Have you thought that the Yahoo app goes through a dedicated server where the Android email client transmit the email through a 3rd party client that causes some of the issue with Android not Yahoo email directly.. Check the service application for Android and you will see what I mean...

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login...%26.scrumb%3D0

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yahoo mail not syncing-6-26-2011-9-06-53-pm.jpg  
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

That's why I ditched yahoo mail. I cannot see myself paying for a service that almost every other provides for free. Just my opinion
    Its highly likely that this message was sent via my Acer A500 tablet

Blackberry 7250> Blackberry 8703e> Blackberry 9530 "storm"> HTC Thunderbolt/ Acer A500 Tablet

Wife has been having this problem with yahoo mail on her droid charge. I deleted the the yahoo account and re added it. That seemed to fix it for the time being.

Well before I found this thread, I called Verizon on Sat and they new nothing as usual, then I uninstalled and reinstalled my yahoo account, I unrooted and went to MR1 then MR2 then Duh I came here to see if anyone else was having the problem. Won't make that mistake again.

So I like others went to the market place and download the yahoo mail app, its works great and it gives me notices I have mail.

Actually it seems much easier to use with all the folders right there verses the account setup version. So I just may stick with this unless someone has some better suggestions?

My yahoo stopped syncing two days ago.Exactly when I updated my PC's version of yahoo mail. Anyway to fix without downloading app?

I just tried doing what murof said, Delete account and then re-add. Still doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigleftyinaz View Post
    I just tried doing what murof said, Delete account and then re-add. Still doesn't work.
    Same thing happened to me I downloaded the app and it works PERFECT. I actually like the app better than the stock one.

Just downloaded app and it does work,but I like the stock one better.Guess I'll have to keep checking and see if stock will start working.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

my htc email app for yahoo still isn't working
    for me either

I've mentioned this in other threads but the app Maildroid has worked great for me with Yahoo and the developer just fixed that Yahoo issue so everything is working like clockwork. I do like the look of the Yahoo app, but Maildroid allows you to combine all other accounts in one box if you want and handles specifically Yahoo Mail better than any other app that I've tried (including K9). Its Idle Push too so the emails come almost immediately to your phone. And unlike many apps, when you have an issue, you simply contact the developer and he usually responds within hours! That is unheard of support for apps with >250,000 downloads.

Just a thought. Good luck!

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SMD View Post
    I've mentioned this in other threads but the app Maildroid has worked great for me with Yahoo and the developer just fixed that Yahoo issue so everything is working like clockwork. I do like the look of the Yahoo app, but Maildroid allows you to combine all other accounts in one box if you want and handles specifically Yahoo Mail better than any other app that I've tried (including K9). Its Idle Push too so the emails come almost immediately to your phone. And unlike many apps, when you have an issue, you simply contact the developer and he usually responds within hours! That is unheard of support for apps with >250,000 downloads.

Just a thought. Good luck!
    thanks for the recommendation
    - hows maildroid on the thunderbolts
    battery? faster drain?

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    ROM
    N/A

I do notice several people with issues with Yahoo had the wrong server settings. It is supposed to be this:

Incoming Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 993
    Use SSL

Outgoing Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 465
    Use SSL
    Require Log In

If that fails, try the Y! Mail app.

My recommendation? Google is a better mail provider in every single way. Why use Yahoo!? Set up your Gmail to retrieve email from your Yahoo! account while transitioning.
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiel View Post
    I do notice several people with issues with Yahoo had the wrong server settings. It is supposed to be this:

Incoming Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 993
    Use SSL

Outgoing Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 465
    Use SSL
    Require Log In

If that fails, try the Y! Mail app.

My recommendation? Google is a better mail provider in every single way. Why use Yahoo!? Set up your Gmail to retrieve email from your Yahoo! account while transitioning.
    appreciate the settings.
    I gave it a go and it did not resolve the yahoo mail issue.
    TCM

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vigor360 (V1.1)

Check it now, I just started receiving yahoo mail again with default settings .

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Check it now, I just started receiving yahoo mail again with default settings .
    haha nice! yeah I just got about 70+ emails that just came in
    thanks for your update.

It finally worked and is back, thanks!

Just got a weeks worth all at once! Phone went nuts!
    In a Galaxy Note 2 far, far away.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast