1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt in Canada

Has anyone had their Verizon north of Sault Ste Marie into Canada? Curious if it works without having to switch to international coverage. I put the phone info app on the Thunderbolt to switch off the LTE since it is not in my coverage area yet. Would any of the network type settings in the app help in Canada? Thanks

Default Re: Thunderbolt in Canada

I was 4 hours north of International Falls last week. I just used the phone to text and make some calls. You need to turn off the GPS and data roaming or you will have a large bill.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Dislclaimer: I have NOT been to Canada with my TB.

In the past, I have been to Canada twice on week-long business trips. Both times, about 3 days before leaving, I switched my voice plans to "Nationwide plus Canada" and then switched back after returning.

Not sure what that would do now, in light of the death of Unlimited Data. But you could call VZW and ask. I would record the call, if they say you can switch back to your entire current plan within 30 days and not lose Unltd. data.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by toothdoc4 View Post
    I was 4 hours north of International Falls last week. I just used the phone to text and make some calls. You need to turn off the GPS and data roaming or you will have a large bill.

Will do, thanks for the heads up.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Dislclaimer: I have NOT been to Canada with my TB.

In the past, I have been to Canada twice on week-long business trips. Both times, about 3 days before leaving, I switched my voice plans to "Nationwide plus Canada" and then switched back after returning.

Not sure what that would do now, in light of the death of Unlimited Data. But you could call VZW and ask. I would record the call, if they say you can switch back to your entire current plan within 30 days and not lose Unltd. data.

Didn't think about the tiered plans going into effect. Not sure if switching back and forth would be worth it, Thanks. I will make that painful call to VZW