Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Swype Problems

    Swype is one of the reasons I really like android but I have been having issues with the newest beta. The issues I've had is the auto spacing not working only when I write a text but it does work with everything else (ie email, google search). Also when I write a url in the browser it highlights the text at first but then when the keyboard pops up the higlighted text gets de-selected. I hope someone has a fix or a way to get around this. I hope I'm making sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  

    Default

    I believe this is a common issue among all Thunderbolts with the new Swype. Google "swype for EVO". That's the version that seems to work without problems.

    Sent from my BAMF remix 2.1 Thunderbolt
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by SPD View Post
    I believe this is a common issue among all Thunderbolts with the new Swype. Google "swype for EVO". That's the version that seems to work without problems.

    Sent from my BAMF remix 2.1 Thunderbolt
    This worked perfectly thanks for the help I appreciate it.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    I had the same problem, but if you really want to use the newest version of Swype you could always download GO SMS Pro, a substitute for the default text messaging app.
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    Or handcent sms.
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    dhendriksen's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    I use the EVO version too. Works prefect, and you don't have to mess with Swype Installer or anything like that.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    The new beta swype on my TB is working great where the last one didn't work right at all. I also use Chomp sms along with start talking so I can hear and send txt hands free and its all free too. Works great
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    I just went and downloaded Handcent, works perfectly. Not sure why I wasn't using Handcent to begin with, I like that I can change the themes and what not.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    I had "upgraded" to beta v3 a couple weeks ago, but didn't see any difference. Then it started telling me last week that my license had expired. I just uninstalled (the app and the installer) and re-downloaded via the website and now I have the newer version working fine.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    This worked perfectly thanks for the help I appreciate it.
    Hey no worries. On that note, I've flashed a gingerbread ROM and now the new beta 3 works. Auto spacing and everything. So once we all get gingerbread this shouldn't be a problem.

    Sent from my BAMF remix 2.1 Thunderbolt
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    It's actually a problem with HTC Sense, and how the input box is labelled in the SMS app. It's labelled as a URL input field, which Swype doesn't utilize auto-spacing in. There are several HTC devices that it doesn't work on.

    Glad to hear they've fixed it in GB (assuming that's the case).

    For those that can't get it working, I would recommend FlexT9 over Swype. In addition to the Swype-esque tracing input, it has several options that Swype doesn't (drawing and voice input, that both work very well). I've found it much more accurate.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    HELP! SOS
    I'm stuck in a bad, endless loop. I always use a password to unlock my phone. For some reason, all of a sudden when I turned on the phone, I can't log onto my phone because when I turn on the screen, it flashes fast between the log-in password screen, and a pop-up from Swype Beta saying "The Trial Period Has Expired." Understand that it's flashing fast between this and the login keyboard. I've even tried timing the flashes to either type my password, or hit OK on the Swype message. No luck.

    I did upgrade yesterday to Jelly Bean, but all was working fine. Now, with only 7 tries left before the phone wipes itself I don't know what to do.

    I tried to plug it in to my laptop hoping to access the files and delete Swype, but I can't access the phone because I can't select "Disk Drive" like I normally do when I plug in the jumper USB.

    So now what? HELP!!!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    You can go to google play online and from the myapps tab you can select the app and delete it. That should update the phone I would think? Its a little pic of a garbage can next to the app on google play. click on it and you can delete.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamisadam View Post
    HELP! SOS
    I'm stuck in a bad, endless loop. I always use a password to unlock my phone. For some reason, all of a sudden when I turned on the phone, I can't log onto my phone because when I turn on the screen, it flashes fast between the log-in password screen, and a pop-up from Swype Beta saying "The Trial Period Has Expired." Understand that it's flashing fast between this and the login keyboard. I've even tried timing the flashes to either type my password, or hit OK on the Swype message. No luck.

    I did upgrade yesterday to Jelly Bean, but all was working fine. Now, with only 7 tries left before the phone wipes itself I don't know what to do.

    I tried to plug it in to my laptop hoping to access the files and delete Swype, but I can't access the phone because I can't select "Disk Drive" like I normally do when I plug in the jumper USB.

    So now what? HELP!!!
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Swype Problems

    Mine came with Swype but prior to the TB I had joined the Swype Beta. I soon found that the Beta is better than what is on the phone, so I'm still using the Beta. Much smoother and more problem free than the stock Swype.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Posting Permissions

B