1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

Default 4g LTE in my city

Is there a website that I can check to see when my city (Baton Rouge, LA) will have 4g LTE up and running? The local store told me within 3-4 weeks when I bought my bolt.

Default Re: 4g LTE in my city

It isn't listed in the batch for July 21st so looks like it could be anywhere from late August and the end of the year. Doubt you'll get anymore specific than that without them making an announcement
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    605 Global Posts

I was told like 2 weeks for me. And its here, just one tower though. Verizon never said Akron/Canton. But I think they are expanding the akron ohio market down south more.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.09

Popped up today for about 30 mins. I didnt see the speeds that some have posted here, but it seemed to be around 3 times as fast as 3g
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by kylep23 View Post
    Popped up today for about 30 mins. I didnt see the speeds that some have posted here, but it seemed to be around 3 times as fast as 3g
    The same thing happened to me this morning. I'm in Mass.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have been driving all over places east of Atlanta since getting my Thunderbolt about 4 weeks ago. Been seeing intermittent 4G signals in places VZW does not show 4G coverage. Some of it undoubtedly was getting line-of-sight to a 4G tower, but other places were probably due to testing by VZW. Their July 21 roll-out list is quite large. News.VZW.com is their press release site, and they had over two dozen June 21 press releases for the July 21 date.

Baton Rouge is on their "coming soon" list, but I didn't see a 6/21 press release on it.

4G at some point may be like EvDO, they may just start activating it without much fanfare.