Auto Sync Apps after reset?

agula001

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if after a reset &/or a new rom
has been installed, once you setup up the initial
gmail acct will the app market automatically
begin to sync and install all the apps that you had
previously installed prior to the reset?

I just purchased Titanium Backup Pro so I'm just
wondering if it is necessary to backup the app or app/data
if app market is supposed to initially reinstall apps.

Thanks for your time

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It should auto-install or auto-prompt for install (depending on your settings) the apps you had before. However, backing up is always a good idea. Make sure you use the exact same orignal prime Gmail account as you had before.

-Frank

boscharun

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think market will auto install apps. I didn't get any such option after I reset my phone. But you can always go to your android market library from your PC which has a list of your previous apps and do a push. The apps will automatically download and install to your phone. See this for details -
How to Reinstall Android Apps

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't think market will auto install apps. I didn't get any such option after I reset my phone. But you can always go to your android market library from your PC which has a list of your previous apps and do a push. The apps will automatically download and install to your phone. See this for details -
How to Reinstall Android Apps

After you reset your phone it will ask you the 2 backup questions....I don't pick the "Backup Assistant" one, I pick the other one...dang, can't remember it....but always "RESTORES" (not backup) the apps that I downloaded or purchased from the market.

I use My Backup Pro and restore the DATA (not the APK's) so that all my information (game data, login data etc) is there.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Backup is better because it backups apps settings and history where the stock option for Google only install the apps but all app settings and history has to be setup again and any games data is gone unless you use Titanium.

If you have Titanium, disable the auto restore option and restore wit Titanium,,

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You can always use google dashboard to see what app u downloaded, then just click on them to download. just did this after a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz