Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Default Anybody on Google+ yet?

I got my invite tonight, and while the idea is cool, it's awfully quiet over there. Anybody else on it?

EDIT: Wow, I didn't expect this thread to grow so quickly! Well, since the circles feature lets you really filter your Stream, I'll add my email address so you guys can find me. We might as well have an AC:TB group on there!

Last edited by Comineeyeaha; 07-04-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Default Re: Anybody on Google+ yet?

Signed up but still waiting for an invite.

I was invited earlier today, not much action and not too impressed yet. Video chat is what will put + over fb IMO. I guess its time to hurry up and wait to see if it goes anywhere...
    Its highly likely that this message was sent via my Acer A500 tablet

Blackberry 7250> Blackberry 8703e> Blackberry 9530 "storm"> HTC Thunderbolt/ Acer A500 Tablet

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Not yet waiting for my invite still...unless u care to invite me?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM

The invite process is a little weird, the only way I've found to do it is to tag somebody in your Gmail contacts in a picture, which will send them an "accept tag" email. If there's a better way, I'm all ears.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

There's a thread over at lifehacker dot com for people willing to share invites ...says there should be a link somewhere on the right to send invites

I really like it. The app is awesome and luckily I have 7 friends all with google+. Puts Google Buzz to shame. Is it better than facebook? In my opinion, yes. Will it over take facebook in popularity? who knows, once people are comfortable it is hard to get them to switch, but then again. See myspace 2007.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

i read that they disabled the invite option, but that it shoud be back up soon if not already...

is anyone wants to be nice and send me an invite! thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by justo11 View Post
    i read that they disabled the invite option, but that it shoud be back up soon if not already...

is anyone wants to be nice and send me an invite! thanks
    Ironic that in the same post where you said they disabled invites, you blasted your email address asking for an invite, lol.

Once invites open up, as long as it's not really limited, I'll hand out a few here after I give them to friends and family. I'm all about Google, so I'll do whatever I can to promote their products/services.

Yeah waiting for invite as well

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Have a large invite thread on XDA.

Thanked by:

What are the advantages oover facebook with this? I'm hoping this is sucessful because Facebook changes crap so much that things don't work on certain divices

What are the advantages oover facebook with this? I'm hoping this is sucessful because Facebook changes crap so much that things don't work on certain divices

ROM
    Stock

So far I like it. We got a good group of XDA users over there. That is how I got in. I have passed out all my invites on XDA and here, so cant help you there.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

I haven't gotten an invitation. I will give this a try since I really dislike Facebook. I hope this Google alternative catches on.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Never even heard of it.

I'm on and its definitely a little quiet. The invites got disabled right after I got mine so I was only able to send out 3.

The invite tab is gone, but it you share a post, you can enter a email address rather than picking a friend to share it with. In the email they receive they can sign up. Kind of a loophole

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

It is interesting. The circles feature is nice but will require some maintenance / upkeep. One thing I beieve they got right is that you can post public - kind of like Twitter - or private, to your circles and kind of like Facebook. This lets them go head to head with FB and Twitter with one app. I am finding the UI to be a bit confusing. The android App is pretty slick and easy to understand.
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

If anyone needs an invite feel free to post your email. Will gladly share a post so you get an invite email.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    If anyone needs an invite feel free to post your email. Will gladly share a post so you get an invite email.
    Would love to get an invite,

ROM
    Stock, for now

I believe they've killed even that method for now, but what the heck.
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Nope they didn't I got mine that way this AM and been gave them out to friends the same way. Did you get your invite to verify it is still working Sauk?
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock, for now

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Nope they didn't I got mine that way this AM and been gave them out to friends the same way. Did you get your invite to verify it is still working Sauk?
    I'll take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauk View Post
    Would love to get an invite,

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast