Where's the update?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Target dates are not promises. Software development takes time and when things are rushed we get things like the borked MR1 update... give them the time they need to get it right...
Although I tend to agree with your point, I thought March 17th was the "target date".

-Frank

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Right, but then so is taking every single word at its most literal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

No one knows who you are responding to if you don't reference them or respond by clicking on the quote button.

Sent from my iMac using my fingers and bluetooth keyboard.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Although I tend to agree with your point, I thought March 17th was the "target date".

-Frank

Maybe they should be a little more ambiguous with their target dates. March 17th is a little too exact. End of Q2 didn't provide them with enough wiggle room. First half of the 21st century would probably work OK for them.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they should be a little more ambiguous with their target dates. March 17th is a little too exact. End of Q2 didn't provide them with enough wiggle room. First half of the 21st century would probably work OK for them.

March 17 was the release date of this phone. He was making a joke I think. Either that or he meant to refer to June 15 the day that MR1 was supposed to push (but didn't).

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
March 17 was the release date of this phone. He was making a joke I think. Either that or he meant to refer to June 15 the day that MR1 was supposed to push (but didn't).
Well, more like sarcasm I guess. The point I wanted to make is that the "target" date for a phone that worked correctly was last March 17th. If you get my point.

-Frank

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where's the update?!?!?!?!

You can't, if you try before you search the Fourms for your anwser it will brick your phone.

Oh snap!

But in all seriousness, the MR2 update is far superior to MR1. Both my friend and I have had no rebooting issues or any other major issues. After updating to MR1, I began having excessive battery drain. I would go from 100% to 40% within two hours of my phone being in standby. I checked my running applications and I did not have any unwanted rogue applications running in the background. All of my automatic updates were off. It was strange, but it has not happened ONCE since I manually installed MR2.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i dont know why verizon is like this.....thats why i changed to sprint and got a evo 3d:):p

From what I've heard, the 3D on that is not worth it at all. My friends father bought one and he said the features are extremely limited. Still, an upgraded Evo 4G is never a bad thing. LOL

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The 3d is a solid phone, the "3d" feature however is a useless gimmick :) I was told friday by customer care that the update will in fact be out by the 15th of July. I asked why for the delay from bother a customer care CSR and Tech Support and both were able to tell me that it was bug testing on both Verizon and HTC's end. They also set up a tech support call back for the 17th, and if the issues arent resolved with my Tbolt, they are sending me a phone of my choosing of equal or lesser value (so thats everything but the revolution...or charge...I dont remember. Im going to keep my bolt, and I flashed MR2 already and the problem is resolved, but I like to ride VZW for screwing all of us. No one should HAVE to flash a leaked build :)

Reactions: soccerfon711

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The 3d is a solid phone, the "3d" feature however is a useless gimmick :) I was told friday by customer care that the update will in fact be out by the 15th of July. I asked why for the delay from bother a customer care CSR and Tech Support and both were able to tell me that it was bug testing on both Verizon and HTC's end. They also set up a tech support call back for the 17th, and if the issues arent resolved with my Tbolt, they are sending me a phone of my choosing of equal or lesser value (so thats everything but the revolution...or charge...I dont remember. Im going to keep my bolt, and I flashed MR2 already and the problem is resolved, but I like to ride VZW for screwing all of us. No one should HAVE to flash a leaked build :)

I agree that no one should have to flash a leaked build. But, I believe that you were told the 15th of July to get you off the phone. I believe that Verizon will always pick a date 2 weeks in advance and tell the people that call so they can be reassured that it's coming. Then, when that date passes, they'll say they were fixing bugs and pick another date 2 weeks in advance. All in all, I don't believe anything they say; problem solved.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
What they should have said was July 15 IF the build they are testing now passes technical acceptance. Anything more concrete than that is flat out deceptive....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae