Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Adding live email account.

    Im imputing my username and password and all of the rest of the manual set up but i am getting a message that tells me my username and password are incorrect i am using the same credentials to sign in on my pc and it does not give me any issues. am i doing something wrong? i have searched and all the help that is out there is the same information and not applying to my situation.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Only suggest I have is check whether or not the keyboard is capitalizing the first letter or your password. I've failed logins before from the thunderbolt b/c when you change to a new field the keyboard puts shift on.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  3. #3  
    normio2's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding live email account.

    Are you connecting via exchange activesync to it or using pop? Their activesync has a small issue with live email accounts. You have to have a completely empty inbox before configuring it or else it has issues. I don't know why, but I ran into this and as soon as I cleared my inbox it worked flawlessly.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: Adding live email account.

    Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
    Are you connecting via exchange activesync to it or using pop? Their activesync has a small issue with live email accounts. You have to have a completely empty inbox before configuring it or else it has issues. I don't know why, but I ran into this and as soon as I cleared my inbox it worked flawlessly.
    Good to know for potential future issues. I used ActiveSync to set up my Google account sync (1st one). Guess I got lucky

    -Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  5. #5  
    normio2's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding live email account.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Good to know for potential future issues. I used ActiveSync to set up my Google account sync (1st one). Guess I got lucky

    -Frank
    Google accounts don't have the issue, only Live email accounts do.
  6. #6  
    FrankXS's Avatar

    Posts
    3,148 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

    Default Re: Adding live email account.

    Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
    Google accounts don't have the issue, only Live email accounts do.
    Oh, I thought it was an Active Sync issue.

    -Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  7. #7  
    normio2's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: Adding live email account.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Oh, I thought it was an Active Sync issue.

    -Frank
    Yea its interesting too because its only with certain mailbox servers they have. I have two live email accounts, one never has an issue with configuring activesync with email in the inbox, the other has an issue every time. I've spoken with Microsoft on it and of course they say there is no difference, but I've been troubleshooting this for a long time and its definitely related to particular live email servers. Very odd.

Posting Permissions

B