VZW Customer Service keeps giving

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
So, I recently received and returned a Samsung Droid Charge that I got as a replacement for my rebooting Thunderbolt (There's another post about it). I came away wishing the Thunderbolt had better battery life, but I didn't like the bulk of the extended battery.

Moral of the story, called VZM Customer service, they're sending me out a free spare standard battery because of the reboot issues. Give it a try!

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I've complained about the frequent reboots each taking 8 percent of my battery life so many times that I called on Monday demanding a free extended battery and they actually sent it to me free as a warranty replacement. I am, of course, running the leaked MR2 and am only rebooting once per day now.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It really is unbelievable how verizon/htc don't take care of this reboot issue and yet they can't get the tiered plans to us any faster. The july 7 day looks to be set in stone for the tiered data yet now set day to fix our thunderbolts

inthruoutdoor

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I called VZW today because of the TBolt reboot issue and they gave me a free month of service. Of course, they didn't include the data package and my base service is discounted already, but it is still a $60 credit to my account!

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I called VZW today because of the TBolt reboot issue and they gave me a free month of service. Of course, they didn't include the data package and my base service is discounted already, but it is still a $60 credit to my account!

Who did you talk to and what did you say? All they did was tell me to reinstall apps or bring into store to swap.

inthruoutdoor

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Who did you talk to and what did you say? All they did was tell me to reinstall apps or bring into store to swap.

They did the same for me, but I told them I had done all those things already...partly because it is true, I have done them, and partly because they have been shown already to NOT fix the problem so I wouldn't waste my time.

When I called, I first got a regular tech support person, and i just asked what the status was on the update. She couldn't find any info on it, so she transferred me to "Tier 2 Support" or whatever it is. They asked if I had done a factory reset (yes), if I had tried *this,* if I had tried *that* and of course all were yes. So she then said she could do a warranty replacement (CLNR) which MIGHT fix the problem, but they could not guarantee it (and how could they because it is a software/firmware issue, not the hardware; also, I replaced the phone in-store when I was within the 14 days of purchase and I still have the issue). I said no, I am not going to lose all my data again and deal with reconfiguring a "new" phone when it most likely won't even fix the problem. So I said it was ridiculous that I paid for this phone, am paying for service every month, but the equipment isn't even reliable enough to stay turned on for the duration of the battery, and that Verizon needs to do something to compensate its customers for delivering them a faulty product. I asked to speak with her manager, making it clear that I had no complaint with her or her service, but that I needed to speak with someone who could offer a satisfactory alternative to a CLNR. So I got her manager, re-explained the above, saying that at the very least, since it is taking months to fix this problem, they should have offered a rollback to the old software that did not have this problem, but that I think something should be done to make it right. He offered a free month of service, not including additional lines or data (if you get either of those, lucky you!), which amounts to about $60.

I would go for it - there is nothing to lose and $60 to gain. I have also heard on these forums of people who said the reboots kill their battery, so VZW sent them a free extended battery, or additional standard battery. If by next week there is still no update pushed, I will be calling back with this in mind ;-) Good luck!

inthruoutdoor

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
They did the same for me, but I told them I had done all those things already...partly because it is true, I have done them, and partly because they have been shown already to NOT fix the problem so I wouldn't waste my time.

When I called, I first got a regular tech support person, and i just asked what the status was on the update. She couldn't find any info on it, so she transferred me to "Tier 2 Support" or whatever it is. They asked if I had done a factory reset (yes), if I had tried *this,* if I had tried *that* and of course all were yes. So she then said she could do a warranty replacement (CLNR) which MIGHT fix the problem, but they could not guarantee it (and how could they because it is a software/firmware issue, not the hardware; also, I replaced the phone in-store when I was within the 14 days of purchase and I still have the issue). I said no, I am not going to lose all my data again and deal with reconfiguring a "new" phone when it most likely won't even fix the problem. So I said it was ridiculous that I paid for this phone, am paying for service every month, but the equipment isn't even reliable enough to stay turned on for the duration of the battery, and that Verizon needs to do something to compensate its customers for delivering them a faulty product. I asked to speak with her manager, making it clear that I had no complaint with her or her service, but that I needed to speak with someone who could offer a satisfactory alternative to a CLNR. So I got her manager, re-explained the above, saying that at the very least, since it is taking months to fix this problem, they should have offered a rollback to the old software that did not have this problem, but that I think something should be done to make it right. He offered a free month of service, not including additional lines or data (if you get either of those, lucky you!), which amounts to about $60.

I would go for it - there is nothing to lose and $60 to gain. I have also heard on these forums of people who said the reboots kill their battery, so VZW sent them a free extended battery, or additional standard battery. If by next week there is still no update pushed, I will be calling back with this in mind ;-) Good luck!
My bad, it was this thread that people got the free batteries! Haha. Regardless, I am trying it next week!

fsv57

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have found that Verizon will give you stuff as long as you ask. I called them when my girlfriend and I first got our Tboltz and complained about it being unacceptable that we had to charge this phone 3-4 times a day. I asked if they could do anything for me on the cost of the extended battery. they ended up giving me two extended batteries for $43.00. Normally they were $49.99 each. I have found with Verizon that you cant get what you dont ask for!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax