VZW just screwed me over!

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I called VZW on Wed, told them I've been having Voice and Data issues with my TBolt. I was able to get 4G at my house since Day 1 of this phone, now I'll be lucky to get 3G or 1X even! And now people on the other end can barely hear me no matter where my location is. I've called bout the Issues before, they say pull the battery. I did this, but the problem keeps coming back.

They said they will send me a replacement and overnight it for free for all my troubles. I thought, "Ok, this is fine as long as I can make a call and get my email!" Thursday rolls along, nothing, I called at 6pm on Wed so I figured the Overnight wasn't processed in time for the Overnight shipping and I would have it today. Today rolls along, I see the FedEx and UPS guys and no stop at my place.

I called today, went thru a bunch of BS to talk to someone, only to tell me my claim was denied!!! WTF!!! 2 days later and nobody from VZW told me this! I'm livid! And I can't yell at who ever is helping me because its not their fault (I worked in retail for 6 years, I know how it is to be blamed for other's faults, it's not fun). The lady on the phone is freaking out thinking I'm going to blow a gasket cause I yelled WHAT?! at the top of my lungs when she told me I was denied a new phone, I apologized right away and said it was a reaction, a bad one.

She transfers me to another person, he has me on hold for 15 min, he said he will get one out to me tomorrow. If this doesn't show, I'm leaving VZW. Im sorry to rant but how can they deny a person their claim and not let them know? My phone is really messed up and I basically can only text and not even use Google voice because of how terrible to sound and data problems are, I just wanna be able to use my phone and have something reliable!

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Wowzers... lol, cool story bro, went will with my pork chop.

"he said he will get one out to me tomorrow."

Cool. :)

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Its just frustrating to not have Data for a phone I pay $30 a month to have the data on the phone. I wanna like this phone so much, but there are so many problems with it.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I understand. Ever thought about rooting? There are all kinda of good stuff out there to test. New radios, roms and kernels that would most likely fix most of your issues. No, you should have to root to get you phone working right for you, but it does work for a lot of us. :)

Reactions: dragonsamus

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like there's more to the story to me. Kind of odd that it got denied since they send out those CLNR's like crazy.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been through worse... mine was on T-Mobile just before the word of AT&T buying them... I don't need to go through my horror story... I'm glad I left TMO and am on Verizon... the way I look at it they are all there to make money and nothing more... and you have to deal with at least one evil you just need to pick your own poison... Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are just the big 4 in the US.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
it's very odd to get a denial. not that it doesn't happen, but very rare. anyways, i'm not going to say vzw is perfect, or even great, but i've experienced much worst cs. at least vzw sends replacements free overnight for me at least (though i've heard the first clnr ships regular, 2nd and subsequent get free overnight). many companies won't cover return shipping, and shipping back to you certainly isn't overnight. however, if you feel it's that bad, just switch to another carrier. i have to warn you though, i've dealt with at&t cs before, and my dealings weren't as good as with vzw.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
None of the reps I talked to today knew why it would or got denied. One was furious that it did and made sure that it would go thru and get approved this time so I can have it tomorrow before I go away for the weekend. We'll see what happens if I get it tomorrow. I was just upset that even if it did get denied, that I wasn't notified bout it. Thats the biggest thing that upset me.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So my "Like New Certified Pre Owned" Thunderbolt came in. It was even worse and rebooted twice in the 4 hours I've owned it. I sent it back, went to BB, sold my TBolt for $350 (thank you Buy Back Program!), made VZW drop the ETF for all the troubles they gave me this week (I had to talked to 4 people before that happened). Picked up an Evo 3D. Loving this Device, got Netflix, Skype, and Gingerbread. 3D is def a gimmick, but the phone itself is very nice from the hour I'm playing with it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
i think them dropping etf is pretty nice, they don't HAVE to drop etf just for that.

anyways, hope you enjoy the evo 3d.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So my "Like New Certified Pre Owned" Thunderbolt came in. It was even worse and rebooted twice in the 4 hours I've owned it. I sent it back, went to BB, sold my TBolt for $350 (thank you Buy Back Program!), made VZW drop the ETF for all the troubles they gave me this week (I had to talked to 4 people before that happened). Picked up an Evo 3D. Loving this Device, got Netflix, Skype, and Gingerbread. 3D is def a gimmick, but the phone itself is very nice from the hour I'm playing with it.

That's all fine if you have good coverage with Sprint. I can see that you reside in Chicago so I'm not sure how it's working for you. I'm from the Chicago area and have had friends with Sprint drop calls and break up more often than not. That's one reason I would never switch and none of my friends will ever switch back. But if it's working for you, than that's all good. I'm never accepting of cell phone companies that don't provide great service in areas like that. Just seems strange to me.

lavrishevo

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, I had to port my number back the AT&T due sales agent stating PR was covered only to find out later that it's between .19 - .69 a min for calls. Anyway, the whole process of returning my tbolt has been horrifying. Verizon's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. Every time I call there is a whole new explanation why they screwed up and did not refund or proceeded to charge me again. I have never dealt with a more moronic customer service in my life.

AT&T on the other hand put my old account back to it's original state immediately and the supervisor called me the next morning to add my original unlimited data back. As far as Verizon having a supervisor call me back, I have asked 3 times and not once has anyone called. I really enjoyed 4G and the voice quality but whoever is running their customer service should be fired! Honestly, after fighting with them for nearly a month to get my monies returned makes one seriously reconsider switching in the future.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, I had to port my number back the AT&T due sales agent stating PR was covered only to find out later that it's between .19 - .69 a min for calls. Anyway, the whole process of returning my tbolt has been horrifying. Verizon's customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. Every time I call there is a whole new explanation why they screwed up and did not refund or proceeded to charge me again. I have never dealt with a more moronic customer service in my life.

AT&T on the other hand put my old account back to it's original state immediately and the supervisor called me the next morning to add my original unlimited data back. As far as Verizon having a supervisor call me back, I have asked 3 times and not once has anyone called. I really enjoyed 4G and the voice quality but whoever is running their customer service should be fired! Honestly, after fighting with them for nearly a month to get my monies returned makes one seriously reconsider switching in the future.

I can't believe how different our experiences have been. I'm not calling you a liar because I've read your whole story and it's a messed up situation. My friends and I have had nothing but awful, around the bush customer service from both AT&T and T-Mobile. Verizon, on the other hand, has been nothing short of excellent. It's amazing that we're having such different experiences but I guess that happens.

lavrishevo

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe how different our experiences have been. I'm not calling you a liar because I've read your whole story and it's a messed up situation. My friends and I have had nothing but awful, around the bush customer service from both AT&T and T-Mobile. Verizon, on the other hand, has been nothing short of excellent. It's amazing that we're having such different experiences but I guess that happens.

You know, I wonder if it has anything to do with customer value ratings. I found out that I am 'rated' very high at AT&T via whatever system they use but probably bottom of the barrel at Verizon... :)

I really don't know why my experiences are so poor as I dont treat either of them any different.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is fine with me. And I travel up to Monroe Wisconsin a lot on the weekends. I have full 3G up here. But most importantly, I have service that doesn't drop. My house was in a fringe area, so VZW service wasn't reliable for me. But the EVO 3D is an amazing phone. Sense 3.0 is freakin awesome. I wanted to love the Thunderbolt, but it just felt rushed and not finished.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm