1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock, for now

Default Disable/ kill voice dialer?

It interferes with my workouts as I accidentally push the button on my headphones. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Disable/ kill voice dialer?

not only that, how do u close it without pulling the phone out of my pocket.
    I try telling it "cancel" or "close" and I just can't seem to get it to close and if I don't it will hang and wait for a command. so I have to pull the phone out of my pocket and then back key out of it.

I also use headphones that have a mic on them and wish I could just say "cancel" like in my cars bluetooth system.
    any ideas?
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by CMRobinson View Post
    It interferes with my workouts as I accidentally push the button on my headphones. Any suggestions?

I can't listen music

ROM
    Stock

Personally, I just use a $1 set of basic earbud headphones that doesn't have a microphone or call button. They get all sweaty after a while anyway, so I get a big pack of the replacement foam inserts and rinse them out as long as I can and replace them when they start deteriorating. Eventually the moisture starts messing up the actual headset, and I throw it away and stop by the dollar store for another set.

If someone calls me when I'm working out, I pull the phone out of my pocket to answer it. The headphones allow me to hear them clearly, and the microphone on the phone works fine for them to hear me.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Do what I do and don't work out. HAHAHAHA. Honestly I don't know of a way to disable it other than don't use headphones with a mic.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bvitale79 View Post
    Do what I do and don't work out. HAHAHAHA. Honestly I don't know of a way to disable it other than don't use headphones with a mic.
    I like the way you think. I'm sure my doctor would not, but I do.
    ThunderboltTool Developer

ROM
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by o0cdiddy View Post
    ...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
    If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here

Quote Originally Posted by trter10-2 View Post
    rooted?
    Yeah

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי

Been having the same issue, finally found the solution (it's working so far for me anyway) go to settings>apps> all tab from there find voice dialer and when you click on that there is an option to disable it, do that. It warns you that this could have other adverse effects but I'm doing fine so far. Hope this helps alleviate some aggravation
    Thanked by: