V cast app update

hkrn44

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I got a free text message from Verizon just now that said "A v cast apps update is required to browse and download apps. Click >>>>. About 267mb of billable data usage applies.

Is this a sign of things to come? Such as the tiered data usage and all of the other updates we are waiting for? I don't know much about the tiered plans or the other updates so if everyone already knew this was coming please excuse this thread...

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got the same text message.
I also just went AWOL at Verizon on twitter if I get anything use full I'll post back

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe it was 2.67 megabytes not 267.

Also I see no reason to download it since vcast is garbage software and the price is wrong.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the message as well. Wish is had contained build number. I downloaded it.... seemed to be the same update that downloaded the day I activated it in mid May. Was hoping I could uninstall it after.No joy, but it was worth a try.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it true that the "Connect to PC" | "USB Internet Connection Mode" uses the VCast functionality? Maybe a "replacement" for "VZW Access Manager"? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. I thought I saw that when I first got my Bolt and was fooling around with the USB connect. I always use MHS now, not USB, so maybe I'm wrong.

-Frank