Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fed up with Thunderbolt

I like Android. I like Google. I like Verizon. I like HTC. Now that I got that out there I just wanna say that I will never again pay top dollar for this garbage. I am switching to iPhone when 5 comes to Verizon. I don't wanna root and flash roms and all that. I just want my hi-end device to work like I was told it would. I've had the phone since it released. It should have been fixed by now. I doubt Apple would ever have this kind of issue. I've owned a Dinc, droid x, and this POS. What say you all?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Who? and whatda like this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Also, does anyone know if they will let you swap to a different phone?

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Fed up with Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
    Also, does anyone know if they will let you swap to a different phone?

If you complain anough I'm sure they will let u

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

Oh geez. Another useless thread.

Mods, can we get this thread closed and face palmed too?!?!?!
    My Galaxy Note 2 tells me to have a beer! Okay!!!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSoundwave76 View Post
    Oh geez. Another useless thread.

Mods, can we get this thread closed and face palmed too?!?!?!
    Hey, I just want to know what other users are feeling and thinking of doing. If you aren't interested, don't read or comment.

Who? and superst3ve like this.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

have fun with igarbage GOODBYE!

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

Hey, I just want to know what other users are feeling and thinking of doing. If you aren't interested, don't read or comment.

All I'm saying is that there are enough complaint threads about this phone to start another War and Peace novel. I saw the same stuff over and over again on the Fascinate forums (and I thought the Fascinate was a fantastic phone!!). If you are not happy with the product you purchased, you should lobby VZW for a new unit (and trust me, you ***** enough, they will give you something else). And remember, this is brand new tech that you are seeing (well, the 4G network that is), so there is always bumps in the road. Trust me, my company goes through this with all new products introduced, and that is always the case. We release a product, it shows bugs in the field, and we try to fix them on the fly. Do we wish that something is released bug free? Of course, but we are all human.
    If you don't want to root, that's fine (I'm not rooted right now on my TBolt, but was flashing the crap out of my Fascinate and debloated my Eris). What are you saying that's different than all the other complaints about this phone? And posting it to this forum? Might as well post it on VZW's website where its more visible to them. Just my 2 cents.
    My Galaxy Note 2 tells me to have a beer! Okay!!!
    SoDev likes this.

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Why would you downgrade to an iPhone after living with Android? That just seems odd.

Now, if you can't wait for the patch coming up, and are having reboot issue (many of us are having no problems at all), then why would you not go for one of the other Android phones? The third or fourth best Android phone on Verizon would be a better bet than the iPhone.

And, you seem to be forgetting all of the things that the iPhone had to wait for, such as cut-and-paste, true multi-tasking, real notifications, etc, etc. Android will always get these new innovations out sooner, and the user experience is just better.

Your position is like saying my Range Rover has some mechanical issues, so I am going to get a Toyota.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Why would you downgrade to an iPhone after living with Android? That just seems odd.

Now, if you can't wait for the patch coming up, and are having reboot issue (many of us are having no problems at all), then why would you not go for one of the other Android phones? The third or fourth best Android phone on Verizon would be a better bet than the iPhone.

And, you seem to be forgetting all of the things that the iPhone had to wait for, such as cut-and-paste, true multi-tasking, real notifications, etc, etc. Android will always get these new innovations out sooner, and the user experience is just better.

Your position is like saying my Range Rover has some mechanical issues, so I am going to get a Toyota.
    Thank you all for the info. I was just thinking that the iOS isn't being fragmented like android. I'm gonna wait another week, then see if they'll swap my bolt for a Dinc 2 or Droid X2.

You should definitely go get the 4G IPhone. It doesn't have any of the problems that the TB has.
    Thanked by:
    SoDev 

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

that is your only post since april?

that?

OMG
    SoDev likes this.

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts

Actually, iOS is starting to get fragmented as well, with iPhone 3 not getting some things available in the new iOS, etc, it is just that Android is iterating so much faster, which brings the good and the bad. We get the good stuff sooner, but we also experience phones getting left behind more often.

OP, it sucks that you've had a bad experience with your bolt. I'm lucky; I haven't. Mine has had zero issues. I think you should get a different phone. Hopefully that one works out better for you. Good luck.
    Thanked by:
    dragonsamus likes this.

ROM
    Stock for now

I doubt Apple would ever have this kind of issue
    ????????

Go buy an iPhone 4, hold your fingers on the side, then try to make a call.....

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jdyount View Post
    ????????

Go buy an iPhone 4, hold your fingers on the side, then try to make a call.....
    Don't forget no voice and data at the same time

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

I've only had one problem with this phone, the gps not working. Turns out that was just a one time occurrence and has been fine since.

This phone is everything I loved about my Dinc plus a larger screen, front camera, and 4G...what's not to love?

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    I've only had one problem with this phone, the gps not working. Turns out that was just a one time occurrence and has been fine since.

This phone is everything I loved about my Dinc plus a larger screen, front camera, and 4G...what's not to love?

The reboots

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    The reboots
    I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. Not having reboot problem

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Quote Originally Posted by zog1977 View Post
    that is your only post since april?

that?

OMG
    LMFAO...

This thread is awesome, like wgaf if your getting an iphone.
    -SoDev
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by SoDev View Post
    LMFAO...

This thread is awesome, like wgaf if your getting an iphone.
    Like i said previously, if you're not interested, don't read or comment. I just wanted to get a feel for what other users thought. I've never had an iphone so I don't know much about them. Why do you guys chime in acting childish? Are we trying to see who has the bigger e-****?

Who? likes this.

just want to say i had the iphone 3gs for 2 years and was counting the days & months before my at&t contract would be up. I was the only one in my family that wasn't on big red and they always had connections where i would not (if i did it was terrible). Very irritating to say the least. After I got my TB 2 family members were amazed with it and now are proud owners. While yet another went with the iphone4 and 1 month later he is trying to get his parents to get him a TB, because he hates his vzw iphone.
    food for thought
    Thanked by:
    FrankXS likes this.

What is sad is the childish and ignorant comments or rather, the attachment of self worth to ones cell phone. As a former tbolt owner I can tell you the 4G connectivity is really the only thing great about the tbolt. Everything else is implemented better on other Android or iOS devices. I would not buy the 3G iPhone on Verizon because Verizon's 3G sucks compared to AT&T but a 4G iPhone will be a hell of a lot more polished then anything released so far.

As far as apps go, there is almost no comparison. Almost all the Android apps I downloaded felt 'slapped' together compared to the polished state of iOS. I loved the openness and the widgets on Android but I had a hard time dealing with the overall quality.
    Who? likes this.

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lavrishevo View Post
    As a former tbolt owner I can tell you the 4G connectivity is really the only thing great about the tbolt. Everything else is implemented better on other Android or iOS devices.
    Wow...thanks for educating us as to what is good and what isn't

Seriously, everyone should remember that all these comments are simply YOUR OPINION...and nothing more. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and none of these opinions represent undisputed facts.

Hmm...just my opinion, but I think the tbolt is great because it's the only phone (even VZ Iphone) that can do data and voice at the same time. maybe there are other phones that work smoother, but they can't do that and they aren't androids...every phone has its issues...

I really like my phone. The battery life is ok and I don't have the reboot issue. If you're not happy you should switch. I would've returned this phone if I had all the issues I keep reading about. I don't understand why people keep something if its defective and then whine about it.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast