Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Looking for official MR2 for NON-rooted device...

I KNOW i have seen it on here, when I go into seacrh and type "MR2" it says sorry no matches found. Apparently I cannot even used search properly.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the post that had the link to MR2 for a NON-rooted Bolt?

Please, thanks!!

Default Re: Looking for official MR2 for NON-rooted device...

Thanked by:
    0pusX 

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    I KNOW i have seen it on here, when I go into seacrh and type "MR2" it says sorry no matches found. Apparently I cannot even used search properly.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the post that had the link to MR2 for a NON-rooted Bolt?

Please, thanks!!
    Exclusive Leak: HTC Thunderbolt MR2 OTA Update (1.66.605.2) - Stock And Rooted Downloads

Here ya go!
    Thanked by:
    0pusX 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks you very much!!

ok, can someone please help a total newbie? I am sick of the random reboots, and am ready to move forward with the MR2 update. I am scared though. I don't know what "data" will be wiped and how to backup this data. can anyone give me step by step instructions? I am not pretty computer litrate, but this root stuff is pretty foreign. thanks a bunch!

Cori

Data meaning everything on your phone except the SD card but you should back that up too just in case. Make sure your phone numbers are on your gmail or if you use back up assistant you will be fine. Your texts can be saved if you download an app. Your apps that you purchased can be downloaded again for free, I'm not sure if the free ones get saved. If you have anything saved on the phone like pictures or video you need to save them to your computer. I think that's it. Good luck.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Your free apps won't be saved but you can use appbrain to sync your list of installed apps making it easy to restore all the apps you had before. Note this allows you to easily redownload and install the apps again...so no saved app settings.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    CL3ANTH3ORY

I flashed MR2 the other day (after holding out for official update) and all my Android Market apps auto downloaded. All I did was restore some application data and all is well. No reboots, GPS locks very quickly. I also grabbed Amazon market and reinstalled some of those apps as well. So far I am very happy. All-in-all like 2 hours (might want to use WiFi to re-download apps)