i need some advice

MyMeth

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
can anybody help me about rooting? can u list the pros and cons of rooting? does it really help in TB's battery life? thanks i appreciate all your advice:)

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
i am rooted and lt me start by saying, it is addicting. you download and flash roms so much, it's crazy. once you get into it, it's hard to stop.

pros:
-flash awesome custom roms and radios like das BAMF and TeslaCoil
-make nandroid backups
-take screenshots with ease
-flash a kernal to save battery or to make your phone really fast
-say your rooted and join the awesome community of folks at XDA! :)

cons:
-hard to say, I havent had any! :)
-the only possible things are that you get more down and dirty with android. if you aren't comfortable with possibly making your phone a brick, rooting is not for you.

I rooted and am 100% happier then when I had stock sense.

hope this helped in your decision!

Reactions: MyMeth

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with a lot of what the guy above me said. I rooted and am using Cyanogen Mod 7.1 RC 1. I told myself if HTC doesn't update by June 30th then I am rooting. right now I am running pretty much 100% stock Android 2.3.4 on my thunderbolt and have overclocked to 1.4ghz and things are FAST! Like, blazing fast. Working much better than stock 2.2 with Sense UI.

Some cons:

If your not careful you could brick your phone. There is a root method and a way to unroot so as far as warranties go, shouldn't be too mcuh of a problem. If you do decide to root, you need to make sure you follow the instructions carefully. Once you are rooted, I think the easiest way to go abotu it is by downloading ROM Manager in the Android market and go from there. Jus tmake sure you get instructions from someone before doing anything is all. The Android Central Thunderbolt Rooting forums are good!

jaybro0813

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had both rooted and unrooted. Depends on what you are looking for. I was rooting to get better battery life. I bought an extended battery which fixed that. To me it's still a phone and with battery isue fixed I am good as is.

MyMeth

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
thanks to all your advices. i successfully rooted my TB last night. now my problem is which ROM to flash first there are so many ROMs to choose from. I'm still undecided:p

vanster

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
thanks to all your advices. i successfully rooted my TB last night. now my problem is which ROM to flash first there are so many ROMs to choose from. I'm still undecided:p
Bamf Roms are a good place to start. Dont forget to make a nandroid backup before you start any rom flashing.

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

What instructions did you use to root? I'm in the early research stages of deciding whether or not to root. I'm still fairly paranoid about screwing something up and bricking the phone. All I've seen so far in these forums are messages to the effect of 'rooted successfully' but nobody that actually mentioned what specific instructions they followed and the level of difficulty involved. If you would share the method you used (a link would be helpful) and some thoughts about the process that would be much appreciated.

MyMeth

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
What instructions did you use to root? I'm in the early research stages of deciding whether or not to root. I'm still fairly paranoid about screwing something up and bricking the phone. All I've seen so far in these forums are messages to the effect of 'rooted successfully' but nobody that actually mentioned what specific instructions they followed and the level of difficulty involved. If you would share the method you used (a link would be helpful) and some thoughts about the process that would be much appreciated.

I'm new with this rooting stuff I just had the courage to do it because I heard so much wonderful things you can do if your phone is rooted and plus the encouragement of some androidcentral members:D

i just followed the steps in this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...unroot-windows-updated-5-20-w-mr1-update.html

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams