New Thunderbolt Owner

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic phone with just a few problems. I have a couple of spots of light pushing thru the bottom bessel where the buttons are located. Very obvious. Is this the norm with all phones or should I send it back??? I have owned the phone for about 3 days and wanted to jump on the great data plans before it was too late. Love the phone but the light bleeding thru is very bright especially at night.
PS Gingerbread is all this bad boy needs.

Vinny

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic phone with just a few problems. I have a couple of spots of light pushing thru the bottom bessel where the buttons are located. Very obvious. Is this the norm with all phones or should I send it back??? I have owned the phone for about 3 days and wanted to jump on the great data plans before it was too late. Love the phone but the light bleeding thru is very bright especially at night.
PS Gingerbread is all this bad boy needs.

Vinny

Its a pretty common problem with the phone. You should be able to return it for a new one. Mine has it a little but its not noticable for me unless I look at my phone from a weird angle.

lostnuke

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i have 2 spots of leakage. they are minor. i dont let it bother me. if you are unhappy with it, definitely return it inside of 14 days. verizon may try to argue with you about it tho. stand firm!

GB rocks...

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Its a pretty common problem with the phone. You should be able to return it for a new one. Mine has it a little but its not noticable for me unless I look at my phone from a weird angle.

+1... It's there but in order to notice it I have to angle the phone so that I'm looking down into the top of the buttons... chances are most of them will have it. I just tried it with my Galaxy Tab which is all one piece and it does it also. I'm not sure how bad your phone is but it seems pretty normal... if you hold the device at an angle so that you can see behind the capacitive buttons, you're gonna see the light.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have to hold the phone on a funny angle and see two spots. No big deal I guess. I am in a LTE area getting on average about 15 MB down. Battery seems to be getting better with every recharge. Come on Verizon, get off the can and get on the stick, we need freaken Gingerbread.

Vinny :(

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, I have the same issue with light leakeage but it is only noticeable at odd angles from the top of the phone. Doesn't bother me and it certainly does not affect the functionality of the phone. Eagerly waiting for the official GB release. :)

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the leakage too but I never see it when I'm using my phone. If there is nothing else wrong with it then I would not waste time returning it.

dchurch85

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the leakage is common on most if not all, but only at certain angles. I never notice it except in weird positions, like everyone else said. I'm running das bamf 3.0 with extended battery and get phenomenal battery life. Just ordered the seidio active case/holster for extended battery too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang