Cases for the Verizon G2

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just came home to my incipio feather case today. So far I like it, it has a nice fit and finish, and it better for $25!

I would think that the feel is very similar to the poetic, but I haven't touched the poetic. The feather has a soft touch that adds a bit of grip. I would say that it's the exact feel of the HTC hero from a few years ago.

Great photos thank you.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That thing looks huge! How does it feel?

Tapatalk mofo

It is huge, it's about the same as an Otterbox Defender. I love it, but I also need a heavy duty case, working industrial construction.

Thank you!!! I love how it covers the back buttons and camera ring...

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah me too, also it actually makes the button feedback a bit more positive.

BaneCN

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah me too, also it actually makes the button feedback a bit more positive.

Does this case make the buttons easier to differentiate between. I ordered this case after I dropped my first phone and cracked the screen. Hopefully the refurb. I get from Asurion is as good as the new one was.

By the size of that case though I may regret having bought the car dock.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Is that a phone under all that armor or a toaster? Seriously, either you are going to war or have Parkinson disease. :D

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't received any other cases yet, Incipio will be here Monday and it is a Verizon specific version, so I'm sure it will fit. The Beyond Cell case should also be here Monday, it says that it fits both AT&T and Verizon phones, so we shall see.

Incipio lists all the LG G2 cases as future models, so I'm not sure what you ordered, and the Beyond Cell will NOT fit Verizon if it fits the ATT etc.

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Incipio lists all the LG G2 cases as future models, so I'm not sure what you ordered, and the Beyond Cell will NOT fit Verizon if it fits the ATT etc.

Do you have the Beyond Cell to base that information on? Because in its product details, it states that it fits the Verizon and AT&T models. I'm not convinced that it will fit, but that's half of why I ordered it, so I can find out what works and what doesn't.

Also, not sure if you just didn't read my earlier post, but I specifically said I got the Incipio from Verizon and even included a link.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the Beyond Cell to base that information on? Because in its product details, it states that it fits the Verizon and AT&T models. I'm not convinced that it will fit, but that's half of why I ordered it, so I can find out what works and what doesn't.

If it fits ATT it won't fit Verizon. This has already been established unless this is a suitcase style case. The Verizon is a larger back phone, so how could it fit unless they have 2 models of that case? There have been other G2 cases advertised that say ALL Carries and they are shown to be wrong. The vendor may not understand that the Verizon is different.

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If it fits ATT it won't fit Verizon. This has already been established unless this is a suitcase style case. The Verizon is a larger back phone, so how could it fit unless they have 2 models of that case? There have been other G2 cases advertised that say ALL Carries and they are shown to be wrong. The vendor may not understand that the Verizon is different.

Again, do you have the case to confirm this? No... okay great, then stop acting like an expert on the situation.

From the item title,
Beyond Cell Tri-Shield Durable Hybrid Hard Shell & TPU Gel Case for LG G2 2013 (AT&T, Verizon)

And from the description,
- Dual layer shock protection & included screen protector
- Inner TPU Silicone core with small shock absorbent pads & reinforced shock protection corners
- Impact resistant hard rubberized polycarbonate plastic shell with belt in kickstand
- Lay-on-table design: Screen never touches the surface when laid flat
- 1 Year Warranty Against Manufacture Defects. Case fits both At&t and Verizon phones.

I'm not saying that it will fit, and I'm not saying that it won't. What I am saying is that I would like to find out for sure. I am fully aware of the differences between the VZW and AT&T versions. If Beyond Cell has made their case with enough room at the top and bottom to wrap around both versions of the G2, then great for us, and probably not so great for the AT&T version because it would likely be a bit loose.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Again, do you have the case to confirm this? No... okay great, then stop acting like an expert on the situation.

From the item title,

And from the description,

I'm not saying that it will fit, and I'm not saying that it won't. What I am saying is that I would like to find out for sure. I am fully aware of the differences between the VZW and AT&T versions. If Beyond Cell has made their case with enough room at the top and bottom to wrap around both versions of the G2, then great for us, and probably not so great for the AT&T version because it would likely be a bit loose.

knock yourself out . . . . in any case (no pun intended), it's not for me. I was just trying to save you the trouble from someone who already made that mistake once.

- - - Updated - - -

is the Incipio Verizon case any thinner than the silicone verizon case? if so I'd consider buying it

yes, much... and no shine...

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if you kept the phone in your pocket? Do you have a belf clip for it? Is there a belt clip for this phone that would fit with the Ballistic case?

I currently keep it in my back pocket, never was a fan of the belt clips. There's no mention from Ballistic about this phone supporting a belt clip, but it has a small notch cut on each side that looks like it was made to snap into a holster. So, maybe they plan to have something available later.

If you are wanting a belt clip setup, I would wait for the Otterbox, or something else to be official. I have a thread in the open G2 forum with a list of almost all the available cases, there's a cheap one that comes with a clip, but I can't confirm it's fitment of the Verizon version yet.

Here's the one I was talking about, http://www.amazon.com/MPERO-Collect...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3084075

Also, here is another one, that is just a differently branded version of the Mpero, but it specifically mentions Verizon fitment. Take that with a grain of salt though, until someone want to confirm it. http://www.amazon.com/Optimus-Veriz...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3084075

Last edited:

JTNiggle

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
knock yourself out . . . . in any case (no pun intended), it's not for me. I was just trying to save you the trouble from someone who already made that mistake once.

Yeah, like I've mentioned before, the case was already ordered, no trouble to be saved. Also, if you haven't caught on, what I'm trying to do is offer assistance and confirmed information about available cases and fitment to everyone here. And the best way to do that is to test, test, test and report. If everyone just wanted to be negative and not try anything, where would we be?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21