First non removable battery, what happens if the phone locks up?

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure we've all done the old battery pull on previous devices. So what happens if it locks up? Mine hasn't of course just wondering. Is this not an issue going forward?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing is I talked to LG support over a different issue and at the end asked about this. He said there is no equivalent to a battery pull on this phone. The verizon tech support person on the phone with me heard this too and he was baffled that was LG's response. I asked about holding the power button but LG said it's not the same as a battery pull, that there's no way to disconnect power from the phone. I was trying to suggest that maybe holding the power button was detected by a dedicated chip that powers the rest of the board and when it detects holding it, it does a true power cycle. He had no clue what I was talking about. On the other hand, software definitely gets the notification of holding power because it pops up asking for confirmation, so what if software is so hosed up it can't get confirmation? I dunno.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well just for fun I held down the power button and it gave the following message past the normal shutdown prompt...so maybe it does work when locked

yhedupaz.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Even if it's locked up/frozen, holding the power button down for a long time ought to just force it to shut off.

Should be fairly standard. The other day my Nexus 4 was stuck in boot animation for about 5 minutes, but holding down the power button forced it to shut off (and subsequently into recovery). There has to be a fail-safe, I would think.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My G2 has locked up once on me when trying to knock on the screen. I had a black screen and the LED was stuck on the white that pulses on a successful knock on. Holding down the power button power cycled the phone and it restarted just fine.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I was asking LG in context of being able to ensure I power cycle the battery controller, because at the time I thought over 3 hours of active use ought to bring me down under 100% charge. I thought it needed a good reset. Little did I know that it's normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar