1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default text backup and restore

What's a good free app to back up,text and be able to restore on a New phone. App that doesn't require an sd card since I have a g2 with no sd card support.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: text backup and restore

Quote Originally Posted by conan1071 View Post
    What's a good free app to back up,text and be able to restore on a New phone. App that doesn't require an sd card since I have a g2 with no sd card support.

You still have an internal sd card to save data.

Here is an app I used to use frequently and works great:

Once saved you can them upload to a storage service or keep the file on your computer - Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.

The App Srk linked above is the one I've always used in the past with great results. Thumbs up from me.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

I use titanium backup for everything. It's ur one stop shop. Never had a problem with it, ever. And, if you want to do batch mode, you can buy the pro license, which I highly recommend.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    You still have an internal sd card to save data.

Here is an app I used to use frequently and works great:

Once saved you can them upload to a storage service or keep the file on your computer - Hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions.
    Already have that. Thanks. I'm looking for cloud back up and restore because I'm returning the g2 and getting the maxx

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Try g cloud. That's the one I'm using. It'll restore text only, no. MMS.

I use LifeSaver 2. Super simple and easy to use.

I use the SMS Backup and Restore as well. There is an add on to that app (also in the market) that allows you to back up to DropBox or Google Drive. I personally back all of mine up to DropBox.

Quote Originally Posted by JJones1210 View Post
    I use the SMS Backup and Restore as well. There is an add on to that app (also in the market) that allows you to back up to DropBox or Google Drive. I personally back all of mine up to DropBox.
    I used SMS Backup with my Galaxy Nexus and it essentially worked, the restore to my G2 was just a little off though as it wasn't one text after the other it was like a group of texts that I got from a person and then a group of responses that I sent after the group of texts from that person. I don't know if that was an issue with the backup or an issue with the restore, or maybe an issue with the G2 messaging app. All of the texts are there, just a little strange in the way they came over.

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    I used SMS Backup with my Galaxy Nexus and it essentially worked, the restore to my G2 was just a little off though as it wasn't one text after the other it was like a group of texts that I got from a person and then a group of responses that I sent after the group of texts from that person. I don't know if that was an issue with the backup or an issue with the restore, or maybe an issue with the G2 messaging app. All of the texts are there, just a little strange in the way they came over.
    I didnt pay close enough attention to see if that happened to me. Out of curiosity, I will back up from my G2 to my GS3 when I get home to see what happens.