USB Question

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
When I plug my computer's USB cable into the phone, it says something about installing some LG/Verizon software updater program. I have been canceling this, but am curious if anyone knows what this is? And if anyone has installed it?

Thanks.

Kris Nelson

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
It's for their Backup Assistant if you don't use if no need to download it. .if you do, its handy on your pc.

Posted via Android Central App

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think he's asking about the Verizon software you can download in your pc. You're prompted for it when you connect your phone your computer.

Yes, I was asking about the Verizon software it prompts you to install when you first plug in a USB cable.

Nothing I have seen explains what this does, so I didn't want to allow it.

Thanks.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I was asking about the Verizon software it prompts you to install when you first plug in a USB cable.

Nothing I have seen explains what this does, so I didn't want to allow it.

Thanks.

It's just software from Verizon that's supposed to help you transfer media form your laptop/desktop to your phone the last 3 phones I've gotten have had it... I installed it when I was rocking the GS3 but never used it cause it always promted me to use VZ services that cost extra and wanted to convert media to and different format the VZ felt was best for my phone ... Your phone will promote you to install this but there is no real need to do so... I haven't installed the one for the G2... most times it makes the process of moving things between your phone take longer plus if you have wifi you can use the wireless storage feature and transfer stuff between your pc/laptop almost as fast if not faster then using the USB cable... I think there is and post about it in the fourm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10