Problems with Ford Sync My Touch

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Just found out that the LG G2 does not work very well with my 2014 Ford Explorer. I spent time with LG tech support and they don't have any plans of updating their codecs. My HTC One works perfectly with all features of Sync and the call quality is better. If you have a Ford vehicle with Sync you might want to take the G2 of your short list.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I used a G2 with 2010 fusion sync ok. I only made one test call though but it sounded a lot better than the phone speaker and microphone.

Did you have problems with people hearing you or you hearing them?

Posted via Android Central App

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I have a newer version of sync. It took me about an hour just to pair the G2. It doesn't connect automatically like my HTC One. The call quality fluctuates between clear and about 50% of the time is breaking up. My main complaint is when streaming music through my Google unlimited account. It will play but does not show the song info like the One. The music also has to be restarted manually through the phone after a call which prevents me from being able to leave my G2 in the console and go hands free. The One works perfectly with every feature. Sync is very finicky with a lot of smartphones, I just wish it worked better with the G2.

bcoley

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a newer version of sync. It took me about an hour just to pair the G2. It doesn't connect automatically like my HTC One. The call quality fluctuates between clear and about 50% of the time is breaking up. My main complaint is when streaming music through my Google unlimited account. It will play but does not show the song info like the One. The music also has to be restarted manually through the phone after a call which prevents me from being able to leave my G2 in the console and go hands free. The One works perfectly with every feature. Sync is very finicky with a lot of smartphones, I just wish it worked better with the G2.

I also have a 2010 Fusion and have not experienced issues with its version of Sync. Unfortunately, your mileage apparently can vary with your Sync version. Good luck.

electriclarryland

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been renting a 2012 Ford Explorer with Sync and it paired with my new G2 the first time I tried it. I've had a few issues with streaming BT music, such as tracks jumping ahead with no input, but the call quality has been excellent.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Yep. I can make calls, sometimes they are clear but about 50% are not. My main problem is the bluetooth streaming is very buggy. No song titles display until I hit pause. Doesn't always connect to Sync and after a call I can't start the music from the Sync screen I have to use my phone. Too bad really. I love the G2 but will have to keep my One instead because it works flawlessly. I hope the Note 3 works OK because I would like to get that on the 10th.

Sync is one of the best in car systems available but is probably the most picky when it comes to compatibility.

Posted via Android Central App

Kristenj0435

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a brand new 2013 ford focus titanium and i have had no issues with my lg g2 or my mothers. However we had issues with the motorola razr maxx hd and the htc one. The only issue ive found with all of these phones is with starting google play music when i first start car. It will not play until i hit start on any of these phones. It works fine with stock music but google must be started. Then it works fine. But ive had no problem with it connecting with the phone, making or receiving calls, etc. However i do think the htc has far better speakers and looks but this phone blows all others away. and trust me ive had them all. If htc had the g2's battery i wouldnt of changed but the battery was not good enough for me in the htc one. Too bad though, it was by far the best looking phone.

Just found out that the LG G2 does not work very well with my 2014 Ford Explorer. I spent time with LG tech support and they don't have any plans of updating their codecs. My HTC One works perfectly with all features of Sync and the call quality is better. If you have a Ford vehicle with Sync you might want to take the G2 of your short list.

Dacodo

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had problems with my 2013 Cadillac SRX. The bluetooth connects but sometimes I get no audio playback from the current playing audio app unless I switch to a different audio app and then switch back.

Kenny Broseghini

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I also have an LG G2 phone and a 2013 Ford Escape. Since I switched phones to the LG G2, the call quality has dropped as you explained. Sometimes I can communicate, but about 50% of the time, the communication is sketchy at best. I will occasionally have to redial to try to get a better connection. But the other issue I have is receiving and listening to my texts. When I receive a text, it will sometimes say I have received a text, but the option to listen is not available. Other times it doesn't say that I received a text when I actually did. When I try to go into the options portion of the my Touch, it says that my phone is not allowing the this feature. So I turn off the bluetooth and connect the phone with the car, and allow the MAP (transfer of messages from phone to car) to be enabled. Still doesn't work. When I had my torque phone, it worked great.

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I had a rental explorer this weekend and it honestly worked great aside from the Bluetooth audio quality which just plain sucks. Track info displayed properly from the lg music player as well as from Pandora. Even my contacts on calls showed up screen to include images I added. All functions worked properly for me. That includes messages calls internet sharing and music.

htcincredible

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i have a fusion and it is a 2010 and i synced all just fine and used it but i turned off my bluetooth when i got in my house then didnt turn it on when i got back in the car and then i noticed it being off and i turned it on but it never connected