Gmail not syncing automatically

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Have had this issue for a couple of days now. My gmail is not automatically receiving emails. I'll have to open the app and manually refresh, and then i'll get emails that are 10-15 mins old.

Currently traveling abroad so I have airplane mode on all day, and i am connected to wifi. Does anyone know if this would affect the sync schedules?

Note this only happens sometimes - other times i'll get emails right away. it's pretty odd and annoying

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
to add some more info: when i go to settings -> accounts -> google, it keeps saying "sync error". On the bottom it says "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having this same problem (with the same error message), but it only affected my gmail contacts; not mail itself. I Googled it, and found that this is a "known issue" with 4.2, apparently. There is actually a specific app called "Contacts Sync Fix" that did the trick for me. A quick Googling resulted in this thread with a suggested "fix" in the last post. Don't know if it will help. Good luck.

TheSkipperCDB

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I was having this same problem (with the same error message), but it only affected my gmail contacts; not mail itself. I Googled it, and found that this is a "known issue" with 4.2, apparently. There is actually a specific app called "Contacts Sync Fix" that did the trick for me.

I had the same issue, and the "Contacts Sync Fix" worked for me too. Yay! Thanks!

Natalia McMahan

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I 've been having this problem for over a week, just tried to use ,,contacts sync fix'' but it says ,,is incompatible with my device'' :( I uninstalled before and downloaded from google store again, then Play store stopped working too, I cleared data cache ....nothing works. And also it keeps asking for ,,google sign -in'' and it says all the time ,,wrong password'' (this pass of course works on laptop).
Anyone?
thank you very much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670