Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default docks?

Anyone hear anything about docks?I use my phone as my clock/alarm and it sucks without one

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: docks?

I've been searching and can't find a dock for either home or car. I switched from a Droid Razr Maxx and had both docks. I use a usb charger and the "clock" option under "daydream" for now as a bedside clock/alarm. Seems to be working fine, except that it lays flat and it makes it hard to read the time without grabbing the phone or lifting my head to see it. I may try to find a "holder" of some sorts to try and tilt the phone a bit.

Please post if you find one.

FYI: Verizon is now offering a car dock: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=66526

Yay! I knew one was coming. Otherwise they wouldn't have built in settings for the docks.

Quote Originally Posted by cwyman1 View Post
    FYI: Verizon is now offering a car dock: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=66526
    I ordered this yesterday. ETA is Friday, 10/4. I'll update the thread when I get it.

That's not really a "Dock"... no charging in it. It's simply a vehicle mount/holder. A "Dock" typically has a power connection to "dock" in to. Pretty much any of the Vehicle mounts that have adjustable arms will probably work for it if that's what you are looking for. I haven't seen an actual powered car dock yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerplaygraphix View Post
    That's not really a "Dock"... no charging in it. It's simply a vehicle mount/holder. A "Dock" typically has a power connection to "dock" in to. Pretty much any of the Vehicle mounts that have adjustable arms will probably work for it if that's what you are looking for. I haven't seen an actual powered car dock yet.
    I see your point but I'm hoping there is magnet or something in the dock so that it knows it's in a vehicle and would bring up a vehicle home screen of some sort. If someone gets this dock can they report back if it has this function? My droid RAZR Maxx did this. It had some nice feature... Read text aloud, read name of incoming call/text, show current speed, etc...

Vehicle Mount ("not a dock" ...) arrived today. As stated its very basic and has no charging capabilities. It does have the magnet for auto launching your dock application of choice (I use Car Home Ultra). I'm using the jelly case from Verizon on my G2, it's a tight fit, but works. Wish it did have a USB charge port, but oh well, at least I can mount it again.
    Thanked by 2:
    cwyman1qnet 

Quote Originally Posted by LifesOccult View Post
    Vehicle Mount ("not a dock" ...) arrived today. As stated its very basic and has no charging capabilities. It does have the magnet for auto launching your dock application of choice (I use Car Home Ultra). I'm using the jelly case from Verizon on my G2, it's a tight fit, but works. Wish it did have a USB charge port, but oh well, at least I can mount it again.
    Thanks for the info. Will it read texts aloud? I found this to be the most useful feature in previous car docks/mounts.

What about this dock. Not sure if you can turn of the automatic multimedia thing.

-spg
    Thanked by 4:

Quote Originally Posted by spgiva View Post
    What about this dock. Not sure if you can turn of the automatic multimedia thing.

-spg
    That one IS a Dock!

I didn't mean to sound like a tool... It's cool that it does activate the Media interface though!

I wonder if this will work with the G2
    Review: Nokia CR-200 Wireless car charger; a first-rate product for a premium experience (Part I) - Qi Wireless Power Charging : Qi Wireless Power Charging

Quote Originally Posted by cwyman1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Will it read texts aloud? I found this to be the most useful feature in previous car docks/mounts.
    I don't see why not. That's dependent on your dock application. The magnet location is on the flash side of center, just over a 1/3 down from the top of the phone and about 1/4 (of entire width) away from the side edge. You can test with just a regular magnet in this location to see if your application works as desired.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

What about regular home docks,any word on those?

Quote Originally Posted by spgiva View Post

-spg
    I just ordered this today, hoping I can use it as an alarm clock.

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

Great find!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Perfect, thank you

Got the SDT-270 dock from Verizon Wireless. I also picked up a case for the phone and i can't see how the dock can be used with any case. Am I wrong?
    thanks!

-Jody

I have the SDT-270. How do a select the app to launch when I dock? Right now, it launches an alarm clock app I installed (not stock) and i don't see a way to select a different app.