Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change the "Swipe to Outer Circle" answering behavior?

Hi All,

Excuse me if this has been asked before... but is there any way to change the "swipe to outer circle" call answering behavior on the LG G2?

I looked through the settings and was unable to find it. I can always turn on the "bring phone to ear answers call" but this isn't so useful when connected via bluetooth in the car.

I'm not sure what I'd change it to, but I find the "swipe to outer circle" action to be somewhat clumsy and not precise.

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos

Default Re: Change the "Swipe to Outer Circle" answering behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by lospolloshermanos View Post
    Hi All,

Excuse me if this has been asked before... but is there any way to change the "swipe to outer circle" call answering behavior on the LG G2?

I looked through the settings and was unable to find it. I can always turn on the "bring phone to ear answers call" but this isn't so useful when connected via bluetooth in the car.

I'm not sure what I'd change it to, but I find the "swipe to outer circle" action to be somewhat clumsy and not precise.

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos
    I hate this feature, anyone know how to disable it?

Under call setting, unclick 'Ignore with message', and it disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by wjpzcc View Post
    Under call setting, unclick 'Ignore with message', and it disappeared.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but is there anyway to totally disable having to swipe and just one clicking the button to either answer or ignore

Quote Originally Posted by lospolloshermanos View Post
    Hi All,

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos
    The swipe to outer circle answering behavior with the VZW LG G2 is my single biggest annoyance with this phone. Sometimes takes a few swipes to answer the phone when the screen is locked.

Frankly I just don't see an "outer circle" at all to begin with. It's very weird that this is how they decided to describe how to answer the call. I haven't had any issues with it being unresponsive, I just find it stupid and bizarre.

Under Settings > accessibility > call answer/ending call >
    answer calls by tapping

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn Wong View Post
    Under Settings > accessibility > call answer/ending call >
    answer calls by tapping
    Not present on mine (w/kitkat).

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I totally agree with you guys. I find this swiping to the "unknown circle" inconsistent and un-precise to answer a phone call. It's annoying and a bit frustrating when it takes me a few tries to answer a freaking call.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

I have noticed I actually have to press the green answer button then swipe up and that seems to alleviate the multiple attempts to answer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

As far as I can tell, all you need to do is swipe the green icon in any direction, and it answers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Have had the phone for weeks now, finally got a phone call on it (Use Maybe 20 Minutes a month).... Just TOUCH the Green Button and swipe in any direction... Not a hard concept...

But i did do some searching and there is no way to change it.... One handed Swipe and the phone answered and or denied with ease

I'm not sure if this is possible. maybe you can try calling customer support for instructions.