Who got in "under the wire" for the Verizon weekend "glitch" to order a G2?

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
When I was going to bed last Saturday night, I saw the reports about all the people upgrading and keeping unlimited Data. I started to pull the trigger then but I decided to wait until Sunday morning to see if it got corrected and orders got cancelled. When I woke up and it was still going, I decided to give it a shot and use the VERIZON30 code and got 2 LG G2 for $139 each. It just said "contract renewal" on my receipt and confirmation and the phones shipped today with a delivery scheduled for middle of the week. I won't believe it worked until I activate the phones but since Verizon said they will honor all orders from this weekend, that's got me stoked. Sometimes it pays to be a tech geek!

Anyone else here slide in under the wire?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Couldn't believe it. I had been trying to figure out how to get an upgrade but didn't see an opportunity. I had troubles sleeping last night for sure. I saw a lot of Moto X, iPhone and G2 upgrades in the comments.

MadManMoon

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've got G2s being delivered for my wife and I tomorrow, for $139 each! The VZW site shows my contract renewal date as 9/30/15. I'm so happy I got in on this deal! Almost spent $1,300+ on phones the day before!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I've got G2s being delivered for my wife and I tomorrow, for $139 each! The VZW site shows my contract renewal date as 9/30/15. I'm so happy I got in on this deal! Almost spent $1,300+ on phones the day before!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Sick deal. You guys scored.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine is coming today. I can't wait to get it set up! Every little thing about my GNEX, every lag, hesitation, lock up, drives me even more nuts waiting on a new phone.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I did.. Loved getting this phone for 139. I only have been with the phone for 48 hours but so far I really like it.. Just wish it came with less bloatware so many useless Verizon amazon etc apps

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
WOOHOO! Got mine at lunch. Checked the receipt before activating it and it had the Unlimited INTACT!!!! Activated it and one thing I really like is that the radio is much stronger. I barely got a signal in my apartment on my GNEX but I get good voice and 4G Data in it throughought now. Can't say what I think about the overall phone yet since I've only had it about an hour, but initial impressions are pretty good!

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I did.. Loved getting this phone for 139. I only have been with the phone for 48 hours but so far I really like it.. Just wish it came with less bloatware so many useless Verizon amazon etc apps

It lasted all of four hours ... Maybe! My appdrawer was jacked with all the crap in it. I installed Clean ROM which really just seems like the stock ROM minus the bloat apps. I know rooting and ROMing isn't for everyone but don't let all those apps get you down! I'm much happier when going to appdrawer now. And I needed the hotspot hack...

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It lasted all of four hours ... Maybe! My appdrawer was jacked with all the crap in it. I installed Clean ROM which really just seems like the stock ROM minus the bloat apps. I know rooting and ROMing isn't for everyone but don't let all those apps get you down! I'm much happier when going to appdrawer now. And I needed the hotspot hack...

Can I ask you how did you install TWRP?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I took advantage of the unlimited data upgrade as well. I've been very impressed with the G2 and hope developers get behind it. I did buy the Droid Maxx outright just for the battery. Now I think I might try to sell it and buy the Moto X once motomaker is released to Verizon. So if you know anyone looking for a Max....

Cleanrom rocks. I did find out that you can't use Nova and the knock knock feature. The screen turns on but won't turn off.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it a couple of days now and I really REALLY enjoy this phone. The Screen is unbelievable. The colors and HD video playback is unreal. I don't even mind the HTC interface too much once I stripped all the bloatware (disabled/hid) and got rid of the hideous backgrounds it starts with and put some decent wallpapers up. I use "Knock on/off" almost entirely as well as the volume on the slider but the back is still not bad at all. I love the fact that the radio is so much more powerful than my GNEX. I get great coverage where I got spotty coverage before and all the calls are crystal clear, even over bluetooth. I went by an electronics store tonight and they had a display set of Audio Technica high-end headphones out to try and I listened to some of my music in those and it sounded really good. Almost makes me want to get a good pair of headphones now.

If I have one complaint, it's that the back is so freakin' slick I almost drop it trying to use it with one hand. I went by the Verizon store and picked up the Shell Holster with Kickstand. I wanted something to get through the weekend. I was going to order something off amazon, and may still, but I needed something to get through until then so I wouldn't accidentally shoot it out of my hands. Why any company makes something THAT SLICK is hard to understand. This case isn't too bad. I wish I could have gotten just the shell with kickstand and not the holster because I'll probably never use it. The kickstand works really well on it and it holds it both vertically and horizontally. Best kickstand I've had since my T-bolt (The one part of that phone they got right. That was by far the best kickstand on any phone to date. ) I've thought about trying this one out but it's a brand I've never heard of before so I may just wait ( Amazon.com: Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Skin Case Cover & Belt Clip Holster For LG G2 D800 D801 D802 VS980 (AT&T / Sprint / T-Mobile / Verizon) (2013) - Gray/Black (Package Includes a Overbrawn Prying Tool & Stylux Stylus/Pen Dust Plug Combo) )

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I took advantage of the unlimited data upgrade as well. I've been very impressed with the G2 and hope developers get behind it. I did buy the Droid Maxx outright just for the battery. Now I think I might try to sell it and buy the Moto X once motomaker is released to Verizon. So if you know anyone looking for a Max....

Cleanrom rocks. I did find out that you can't use Nova and the knock knock feature. The screen turns on but won't turn off.

How much does a Max sell for? I was looking to upgrade from an M.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech