Great Specs.. Why not more popular?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Salesmen at VZW tell me they are selling many more Droids and GS4 than G2. It came up because they knew so little about G2 when I asked questions about it. With its great specs and beautiful screen why isn't the G2 more popular?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ttenpas

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Because people don't know about it. People are familiar with "droids" and "galaxys", but a lot of people don't even know that LG makes phones.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Salesmen at VZW tell me they are selling many more Droids and GS4 than G2. It came up because they knew so little about G2 when I asked questions about it. With its great specs and beautiful screen why isn't the G2 more popular?

see all other phones before they made the LG Nexus 4.
They just now are recently making a name for themselves. (late bloomers)

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
A lot of us have gone through that with vzw reps. I guess since its not the Samsung g2 or the Apple g2 the reps probably feel it's not necessary to know more about this awesome phone!

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Specs don't matter.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

And therein lies the problem. VZW sales people truly know nothing about this phone. In fact, many of them probably still don't think they carry the phone. It's truly amazing. For whatever reason, Verizon has made the decision not to push the phone and, in fact, keep it quiet. The sales staff that does know about it, will rarely push you toward that phone. When I went with a buddy who was buying the G2, we got one of the few knowledgeable sales guys. He insisted that the only two phones he'd consider that they were currently selling, were the G2 and HTC One. He already owned the One but admitted if it had come out before he bought the One, he may well have picked the G2.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I tend to somewhat agree with just about everyone else's assessment, although I'd add that before the G2, Verizon has never really had a truly high end LG smartphone. The phones that they've gotten have all either been Verizon specific and/or "beginner" smartphones. Don't get me wrong, Verizon reps should be more up to date on their stuff, but to give them a little benefit of the doubt, they are used to selling Lucids to first time smartphone users or people who want a smartphone, but they don't want to spend a lot of money on one. This is essentially the first cross carrier high end smartphone by LG that Verizon has ever carried whereas they have always had high end "Droids" and since they missed out on the S2 and saw how popular the S3 became, they want to push the S4 because it's "THE PHONE".

curtiswhite

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
When you walk into a verizon store . The first phones you noticed is the droids because of the displays. And maybe the iphones. The G2 is in the same space of the s4,s3 and maybe a Windows phone. .And the sales ppl prob are told to push the droids. When i picked up my G2 none of the sales ppl knew about the phone.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
When you walk into a verizon store . The first phones you noticed is the droids because of the displays. And maybe the iphones. The G2 is in the same space of the s4,s3 and maybe a Windows phone. .And the sales ppl prob are told to push the droids. When i picked up my G2 none of the sales ppl knew about the phone.

I honestly think it depends on the store. I have two stores that I go to. One is close to where I work and the other is close to where I live.

The area where I work is a more upper class area. In that store the very first display is a Droid display and I would say that most of the people that go to that store usually go for whatever the reps suggest.

The area where I live is a more diverse area (racially and economically). In that store the very first display is the one with the S4, the Notes, the G2, and the One. The people that go to this store may not have quite as much money, but they know that they want the best specs they can get for the least amount of money and since the Droids are the same price, but the others have better specs then they go for the previously mention phones over the Droids.

What's odd is the store in the more upper class area is actually smaller and it doesn't have as many displays. The store by where I work only has 4 displays. The store by where I live has 6 displays.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just wondered if there is some fatal flaw that causes staff to push me to iphone, droid, or gs4 because it is clear g2 and windows phones are considered second rate by vzw at every store I've visited. Heck, they didn't even have -g2 cases at the 2 coorporate stores I visited.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just wondered if there is some fatal flaw that causes staff to push me to iphone, droid, or gs4 because it is clear g2 and windows phones are considered second rate by vzw at every store I've visited. Heck, they didn't even have -g2 cases at the 2 coorporate stores I visited.

They don't have the cases out on the floor. Both stores that I go to I had to ask and this is including the one that had the G2 out on the floor on the first display. They are still so backlogged with S3 and iPhone 4/4S cases that they haven't even gotten those off the floor yet.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I did ask. No dice.

Did they look for you? If they did then it's either more popular than they were expecting or they didn't even know what they were looking for. If the didn't, I would say that maybe they really do discriminate against the phone because they don't know much about it or they are just lying. Of course they could have been lying if they looked also, but all of the stores that I've been to have at least had the Quick Window case and their gel case and they've been more than willing to order the shell/holster combo as well.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
One store the guy went out back and looked. The other store I asked the person who takes your name and she said they didn't have any.

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
i was at verizon last sunday " excuse me I couldnt find any cases. for the lg g2 all I see are S4 and droid stuff " he replied " oh we dont sell that phone do we"

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Bedore I got phone I went to store to hear the sound output. It didnt work. So I go " can you get me another phone im interested but I would like to hear it ". they didnt get one

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was a huge fan of LG's feature phones and had 2 of them before I got my black berry. The LG9900 and The EnV, Girlfriend had the Chocolate. I would agree that they are late bloomers and barely making a name for themselves after producing the Nexus 4/G1. I seen 3 commercials yesterday watching football and they are definitely marketing them well. 2 Verizon commercials and a LG one. I hoping the make a dent with the G2!

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, one thing is that Apple and Samsung buy "Premium" store locations and Droid gets premium space because it's the Verizon brand so they just pile the rest of the phones over to one side and let them fight it out. Samsung has spent so much money building the Galaxy brand that it's got public recognition but LG and HTC haven't done that as much. LG is trying to now. Verizon hasn't carried a LG Android phone of any real note so they are unfamiliar with them but they should educate themselves on it. It's by far, the most powerful one in the store right now. It's really sad that they have tons of iPhone cases and Galaxy S cases but nominal cases for everything else. This weekend I saw a HUGE G2 push on TV so maybe they'll start getting some more attention. The key will be seeing if they update it to 4.3 & 4.4 in a reasonable time. Since the Nexus 5 is looking like it's almost identical inside (at least where it counts), hopefully that means they will have 4.3 out soon after the N5 launches. Everyone I've shown mine to has just been amazed by the speed and the screen AND the battery life. I was able t listen to streaming audio for about 7 hours yesterday with and without using bluetooth and I was only down to 44% by the time I went to bed. It's really a strong phone, hopefully it will get better support from Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis