Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Re: Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls

Got the following off of LG's site. Too tired to try that one tonight.

Call a LG Support Representative
    800-243-0000
    Thanked by:

Gave LG a call and they told me it could be my phone number not playing nice with the phone. Asked him if swapping SIMs could work, he said yea. I called Verizon and activated the SIM from my s4 and put it in the G2. Maybe it's placebo right now but I heard maybe 1 crackle during a phone conversation when before I would hear a lot more during the same duration of the call. I'll keep testing and if you guys have any old SIMs lying around, it might be worth a shot.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I've been through 3 of them...

Quote Originally Posted by jjmmhh View Post
    I've been through 3 of them...

Were they all the ones that came with the G2's? If so, get a different one if you have one and try. Just made another call and didn't hear any noises. If you have someone else you know who would let you temporarily swap SIMs for testing purpose, that would also test if it's something with your number not playing nicely with the phone for whatever reason.

I too have had the problem for a while now and at times it is too hard to even understand what the other person is saying. What I have noticed is that in some areas of town it seems to work fine and at others like at my work it is really bad. I am assuming they are different cell towers.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Reading your reply made me realize that I've actually been through 4 of them. When I took my first phone in they swapped the SIM card first; when that didn't fix it they swapped the phone. SO, that was 2 SIM cards plus the 2 that came in the other two G2s that I got.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mviars View Post
    I too have had the problem for a while now and at times it is too hard to even understand what the other person is saying. What I have noticed is that in some areas of town it seems to work fine and at others like at my work it is really bad. I am assuming they are different cell towers.
    Maybe your issue will just turn out to be a tower thing. Lucky you!

I've got a 30 mile commute, plus the mileage from other errands that I've run over the last 3 weeks. so I hit a bunch of different towers. Same story, every call, every day...

Quote Originally Posted by bills742 View Post
    If it is a tower(s) related issue, how quickly was the issue solved with other new phones?

I don't recall since I never had a phone with the issues and probably wasn't following it all that closely.

I've seen instances where the same guy has two totally different branded phones and has the same poor voice quality. I think someone in this thread had the same situation. It certainly casts some doubts on how some towers are handling some new phones...especially when most people aren't having the issue.

I just got back from a business trip and was in 3 different states with no call quality issues. But I bet if I went to the locations you guys are having trouble, I'd begin having problems. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and it's a batch of bad phones. But let's face it, the majority of owners are having none of these issues and I can't recall one review where it was mentioned.

The mystery deepens.

Maybe your issue will just turn out to be a tower thing. Lucky you!

I've got a 30 mile commute, plus the mileage from other errands that I've run over the last 3 weeks. so I hit a bunch of different towers. Same story, every call, every day...
    Try giving LG a call and see what they tell you. There was basically no hold time so it shouldn't take you too long.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Try giving LG a call and see what they tell you. There was basically no hold time so it shouldn't take you too long.
    I did the email support thing... and was told they could do a warranty repair. Grr.

Swapping SIMs was placebo, noises still This is awful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Swapping SIMs was placebo, noises still This is awful.
    Sorry =(

Sorry =(
    So what's your and everyone else's plan of action? Are you returning the phone or holding on for a fix?

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

So what's your and everyone else's plan of action? Are you returning the phone or holding on for a fix?

Not sure, yet. I've got until Tuesday to make up my mind...

Not sure, yet. I've got until Tuesday to make up my mind...

I've got til Monday.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Interesting. Mine has better quality than any phone I have owned. But I am sharing because you mentioned SIM Cards. The card that came with the G2 would not activate. Period. I turned on the phone and it just sat there. I put my old Galaxy Nexus SIM Card in and it works wonderful. I was also wondering if your issues might have to do with a faulty noise canceling circuit. Did you all try turning it off and in to see if there is a difference?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Here is a solution I posted on another thread:

[ROM] Malladus 1.1.2 has been worked specifically to fix the Audio issues on VZW G2. The problem got better on 1.1.1, but on 1.1.2 I have no more distortion or screeching!
    Try it out and report if it works for you guys.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greymire View Post
    Interesting. Mine has better quality than any phone I have owned. But I am sharing because you mentioned SIM Cards. The card that came with the G2 would not activate. Period. I turned on the phone and it just sat there. I put my old Galaxy Nexus SIM Card in and it works wonderful. I was also wondering if your issues might have to do with a faulty noise canceling circuit. Did you all try turning it off and in to see if there is a difference?
    Glad your phone is behaving for you =) It's a great phone!

I tried turning noise cancelling on/off on all of them
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synplex View Post

[ROM] Malladus 1.1.2 has been worked specifically to fix the Audio issues on VZW G2. The problem got better on 1.1.1, but on 1.1.2 I have no more distortion or screeching!

Ohhhh, interesting! Thanks so much for the link. And glad that you're happy with your G2, also =)

I bought 3 of these phones for my family and on thr first day I only had issues with one of them. I returned the phone but still had the issues with the new phone plus the other two phones started making the noises too. Verizon told me yesterday they were not aware of thre issues or that noone else had reported the problem so I googled and found this thread. Frustrating!

Can anyone explaiin what the above fix is or how to apply it? I barely knew how to register to this site so I appreciate the help.

Im also wondering if you guys believe this is a problem with the Verizon model g2 only? I love the phone and will gladly switch in order to get a phone thst works. I just can't have a phone that I cant talk on.

Thanks

Thanks for the solution. The main thing I want to know is if I flash this rom and it doesn't for some reason work for me, can I factory reset it and send it back to VZW for a replacement phone or will they notice what I did and tell me I voided my warranty etc? I still have until the end of next week before my return period is up and I can't stand the noises the phone makes all the time while in a call. I have done some of this before with my old Nook Color but want to be sure I have a back up if this doesn't solve the issue completely.

Thank you!

Unfortunately the fix was placebo as well. I thought it was fixed after flashing this initially too. Has anyone noticed that the noises are more frequent during the daytime? I feel like they are and maybe there's some relation with network traffic.

And just checking, so has anyone who's having the issue get the problem fixed by swapping for another g2? Have any of you gone a significant distance away from your primary location and what were your results? I haven't swapped and have been in a 30 mile radius with issues everywhere I've been. And if you call Verizon, get to tech support because they are definitely aware of the issue and would be lying if they said otherwise. They told me they have multiple reports of poor audio from our phones.

Last edited by bills742; 10-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Myself, as well as the OP jjmmhh have gone through mulitple phones, he has had 3 from 2 different stores using different sim's for each phone. I have had 2 so far and experienced the issue with both, which were mailed to me via fedex, not a store. I posted on the verizon forums about talking with tech support too and the last time I talked with a tech, he told me to wait for a week or so and call in to get a new one. I have been over 150 miles from where I live and experienced the same issues with the phone so I would assume it is not the towers I live next to. My deduction so far has been that this must be a bad batch of phones that needs to filter through verizon before we can start getting working ones.

I was told by the tech guy that when I received my second phone, the 14 day return period restarts and my best bet would be to wait until near the end to call in and get a new one again (3rd one). I will be doing that on wednesday this week so I get it on friday and will post what the results are on here and the vzw forum.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I hope you all get some satisfaction soon. If i see anything that may help I will come back and post. It does sound like a bad batch of phones though

I have experienced a bit of static and break up but not screeching. I am not sure if it's me or a bad connection etc. Has anyone with issue found that the setting in the phone "Voice Enhancement" plays any role in any of this?

I wonder if this is something an update can fix. The VZW is different from the other carrier models.I hope this does not turn out to be an unfixable problem.

10/14 update
    Had a chance to use phone outside in a busy area and at work. Perfectly clear and loud on both ends.
    Last edited by DorothyP; 10-14-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Dorothy - VZW LG G2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast