Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TechLG
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Change Phone Voice Mail Button to stop going to Verizon Visual Voice

How in the world do you change the voice mail button on the phone pad to stop going to the stupid Verizon visual voice mail? To top it off that app wants me to get off wifi to subscribe. I don't want that thing.

Default Re: Change Phone Voice Mail Button to stop going to Verizon Visual Voice

To be honest, I don't even use Verizon's voicemail, I use Google Voice for my voicemail. That way I don't have to worry about my mailbox ever being full.
    Thanked by:
    mrdoon 

Default Re: Change Phone Voice Mail Button to stop going to Verizon Visual Voice

I have the same problem. I can't get the voicemail app to stop asking for me to turn off wi-fi. I've done it 5 times now and every time I turn wi-fi back on and hit the button, it asks me to turn off wi-fi.
    Change Phone Voice Mail Button to stop going to Verizon Visual Voice-visual-voicemail-subscription-error.jpg
    What a pain! I hear all this talk about how 'customizable' this phone is, yet I can't get that voicemail button (the one in the phone app) to just dial my voicemail!
    Change Phone Voice Mail Button to stop going to Verizon Visual Voice-voicemail-button.jpg
    Does anyone have this phone and use basic voicemail? If so, how did they get the "I don't want to pay for visual voicemail" setting to stick?
    Maybe the programmers at Verizon just don't like to be 'dissed! I didn't opt for the free trial of visual voicemail. Maybe they're just upset that I'm looking their gift horse in the mouth!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Just hold the "1" key down until it switches screens. At that time it has already dialed voicemail. I have always done it this way even on my previous phones. Never a problem.
    Thanked by:
    lakaw likes this.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Just hold the "1" key down until it switches screens. At that time it has already dialed voicemail. I have always done it this way even on my previous phones. Never a problem.

There must be a way to download a different keypad to fix this, because I agree with you guys. Verizon wants an extra $3 a month that bad? Can anyone help?

Even after disabling Visual Voice Mail, that button still only launches the VVM. Bummer, that would be convenient down there...

Pressing the dialpad 1 button does dial my voice mail, and I've added the , and pin to auto enter the standard voicemail password when pressing the 1.

Be interesting to see if enough of us wanted to customize that button a change would be made.
    Thanked by:
    lakaw 

I figure that if I am rooted, there is probably a way to replace the keypad with a properly functioning one.

I don't have this device, so I can't comment accurately--but what happens if you select Verizon Visual Voicemail in Settings/Apps/All (or the App Manager), and tap Clear Defaults? Is that even an option? I wonder if you clear its defaults, would pressing that voicemail button give you any other option to choose from besides VVM?

Posted via Android Central App

On Google Play Store download an app called "Verizon Voicemail" by BranTek Apps. Replace your voice mail icon with this one. All the icon does is dial your voice mail. Unfortunately it does not show you how many new voice mails you have beside the icon, but at least you get rid of the annoying requests to subscribe to Verizon Visual Voice.

I wasn't expecting this type of basic problem when I switched from the IPhone to the LG G2. Every time it tells me to turn off wi-fi Ijust shake my head. I will try what Troy said and see if that helps. Thanks
    NCH

I had always checked voicemail via notifications and also don't use WiFi much so I hadn't encountered this. Definitely annoying. Thankfully accessing voicemail via notifications or the 1 key on the dial pad help avoid that!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app