iloome ScreenMate FLEX

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So it came in the mail today and at first I was afraid to try to install it because I am horrible with screen protector installs. I read the instructions and even watched their video on YouTube and let me just say that it's the easiest screen protector in the world to install. I even did better than the guy on the video. I had absolutely no bubbles that needed to be pushed out. The only downside is it doesn't cover the entire face. In fact it barely covers the width of the screen. Aside from that it is worth the investment so far.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk now Free

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the tempered glass protector on eBay a week ago. It should have curved edges for a better feel and look. I hope it fits to a T. I will give insight and pics as soon as i get it.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the tempered glass protector on eBay a week ago. It should have curved edges for a better feel and look. I hope it fits to a T. I will give insight and pics as soon as i get it.

This one looks pretty good. You can barely tell that it's on there, it just doesn't cover the entire face. They have a tempered version on their site as well, but it's still on preorder. I'm just glad to have a perfectly applied screen protector to be honest.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk now Free

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Got mine too. The packaging was great, recycled and very minimal, which is awesome. The installation process with the hinge tape is the best by far of any of the previous brands I've owned. There is a reason the glass doesn't extended to the absolute edges. It's because the glass on the G2 is all the way across and rounded over. So the corner edge you feel on the bare phone is the glass. If you were to put a protector on that extended that far it would not be able to round over the corner and then would create a lip that would catch things. So far, for me this has been a great screen protector. The only thing different from the other tempered glass protectors that I have used is the fact that you need to get the nano silicone adhesive off of the face of the screen after installing, but that is a brief and minor inconvenience and really a necessary thing given the way they do their install using the hinge tape(which is genius!). I am very happy and it only cost $16!

~Wayne

Posted via Android Central App

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Does it change the look of the display at all, I had one on a phone that was supposed to be clear but it still affected the display. I do not remember what brand it was but I had it on my GS3.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Does it change the look of the display at all, I had one on a phone that was supposed to be clear but it still affected the display. I do not remember what brand it was but I had it on my GS3.

Not that I can tell. It's supposed to be clearer than a regular plastic screen protector. I have noticed that I already have a few nicks and scratches on it, but I can't see them unless the screen is off and I look at the right angle in the light. I guess that's why I put the screen protector on in the first place though. It's better to have scratches on the glass screen protector than on the glass of the phone itself.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried putting mine on yesterday. Yes it is easy with the hinges to get the screen in the right spot. But mine just would not stick to the screen on either side!! I would say a good 1/8 inch on each side it just would not stick, top and bottom did but not the sides. That plus the way it fit (they could have gotten it closer to the edges) and the way it felt I'm not sure I would not have kept it for that long anyway.

Even though it is glass the feel is not great, felt almost rough and left fingerprints much more than the screen itself. Overall I was not happy at all with it and thought it was a waste of $17.

There are two sides to every coin. I wish mine would have went on as easy as the others, but over all the size and feel I doubt it would have stayed on the phone long anyway.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried putting mine on yesterday. Yes it is easy with the hinges to get the screen in the right spot. But mine just would not stick to the screen on either side!! I would say a good 1/8 inch on each side it just would not stick, top and bottom did but not the sides. That plus the way it fit (they could have gotten it closer to the edges) and the way it felt I'm not sure I would not have kept it for that long anyway.

Even though it is glass the feel is not great, felt almost rough and left fingerprints much more than the screen itself. Overall I was not happy at all with it and thought it was a waste of $17.

There are two sides to every coin. I wish mine would have went on as easy as the others, but over all the size and feel I doubt it would have stayed on the phone long anyway.

Try contacting them. You may have gotten a dud. They say in the shipment that if you have any issues at all to contact them and they will try to help you out in anyway they can. The roughness wears off after you use it for a while, but I have noticed that even though it's supposed to be smudge resistant, it still leaves a lot of smudges. It is pretty tap smudge resistant, but not swipe smudge resistant. The only time I had an issue with it possibly coming up is when I tried to put the Verizon gel case on it because I got it a little too close to the edge on the top so there is a gap already, but then again the Verizon gel case did the same thing with the plastic screen protector that the Verizon rep put on for me. So that being said, I think the Verizon gel case is just crappy and I haven't used it since I put this on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol