1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Picasa Albums/Gmail Delete

I just picked up a G2 today and have customized it to my liking, but I haven't been able to figure out 2 things:
    1. My Picasa Albums (linked from G+) have created an album for every post I've made on G+. From the desktop version, this isn't the case. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean. How can I have the Gallery show my G+ albums properly (like on my GNex)?
    Picasa Albums/Gmail Delete-screenshot_2013-10-10-15-10-32.jpg

2. Coming from my GNex, I had the dropdown option of deleting an email without having to go into the app. Is there a specific version of Gmail that I need to have in order to get that back? Would love some help on either of these thing. Thanks!
    We gotta break down these barricades, everyone has AIDS!

Default Re: Picasa Albums/Gmail Delete

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure those are posts? It may be that you have Google+ Auto Backup turned on, which automatically backs up any picture that you take to Google+. Open Google+, tap Menu/Settings/Auto Backup, and make sure the switch at the top is Off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure those are posts? It may be that you have Google+ Auto Backup turned on, which automatically backs up any picture that you take to Google+. Open Google+, tap Menu/Settings/Auto Backup, and make sure the switch at the top is Off.
    Yes I'm sure. Those are all DSLR shots that I've uploaded to G+ separately over the past year or so.

So on G+ on the web, are all of those DSLR shots in one album?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    So on G+ on the web, are all of those DSLR shots in one album?
    No, they're spread out across 25 albums. I know these albums that are being displayed are all posts because there are duplicates and the dates correspond with my posts.

Not sure what's going on there. I'll have to get home from work first to dig around Google+ on the web, since my stupid work computers only have obsolete versions of IE that don't play well with Google apps.

I wonder if this is some byproduct of some old Picasa interface that Google hasn't killed yet.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That would be great.

Any idea about the Gmail thing?

Gmail settings > general > archive and delete options - "show archive and delete"

The ability to delete in the Gmail notification should be universal. Are you dragging down to expand the notification into the preview panel? The delete button only shows up there.

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich6 View Post
    Gmail settings > general > archive and delete options - "show archive and delete"
    This did it. Thanks!

One down, one to go. :-)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Scratch that TWO to go. How the hell can I change the icon titles so they fit in a folder?
    Picasa Albums/Gmail Delete-2013-10-10-18-23-59.jpg

This may not be the best answer, but If you go to display settings and change your font size to small, they fit

I think what you're looking for on the folder deal in the Picasa thing is just hit the squares in the top right corner and hit albums instead of dates.

My problem with Picasa is that it's not updating. If I got to photos in Google+ they update as soon as they upload, but Picasa only updates if I clear app data in settings and resync the account. It will never do it on its own.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

This may not be the best answer, but If you go to display settings and change your font size to small, they fit
    It *almost* makes them all fit. But it won't work because it makes other apps too hard to read for me.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I think what you're looking for on the folder deal in the Picasa thing is just hit the squares in the top right corner and hit albums instead of dates.

My problem with Picasa is that it's not updating. If I got to photos in Google+ they update as soon as they upload, but Picasa only updates if I clear app data in settings and resync the account. It will never do it on its own.
    Unfortunately, I tried that. Picasa Albums/Gmail Delete-2013-10-10-19-02-38.jpg

So far my experience with Picasa on here is terrible. I'm not sure what it's doing good to your stuff. When you go to your pics logged in to Google+ on a PC, do they show up in folders there?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

So far my experience with Picasa on here is terrible. I'm not sure what it's doing good to your stuff. When you go to your pics logged in to Google+ on a PC, do they show up in folders there?
    Nope. Everything is normal on the PC side.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Bump for a Picasa fix?