From razr maxx to g2

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I'm thinking of switching to the g2 but not sure how the battery will help keep up against my use. On the razr maxx I get around 12 to 16 hours. Will the g2 last me as long?

Also, only reason I'm switching to the g2 is the better camera. Is it really the best Android phone camera as indicated on the review?

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm thinking of switching to the g2 but not sure how the battery will help keep up against my use. On the razr maxx I get around 12 to 16 hours. Will the g2 last me as long?

Also, only reason I'm switching to the g2 is the better camera. Is it really the best Android phone camera as indicated on the review?

Thanks for any input.

How much screen time do you get on your Maxx? I've seen 7 hours on the G2 with 10% left. I'd have to say the Note 3 has the best camera. GS4 and G2 are pretty close

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for any input.

Easily. After being off the charger for 14 hours and 45 minutes I still have 50% battery.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
How much screen time do you get on your Maxx? I've seen 7 hours on the G2 with 10% left. I'd have to say the Note 3 has the best camera. GS4 and G2 are pretty close

This is with the brightness at 100% and I still have 50% battery.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382061410715.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382061410715.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 61

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I switched from a Razr Maxx, and never looking back. The G2 is so much better in so many ways that I bought the phone out right on VZW to keep my unlimited data.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
It's not the screen and time that eats my battery on the maxx. It's the signal issues. The most I've had the screen on for my phone is probably 5 hours. I just have so many accounts using data so bad signal eats that up. I just want to be able to at least get the same hours on the g2 so I don't have to worry about my battery until I get home.

Also, any of you ever have any comments on the camera?

By the way, the store demo I used kept force quitting most apps I opened. Not sure if that's a regular phone issue. Some are reporting that though, plus phone slowing down already after just a few weeks.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not the screen and time that eats my battery on the maxx. It's the signal issues. The most I've had the screen on for my phone is probably 5 hours. I just have so many accounts using data so bad signal eats that up. I just want to be able to at least get the same hours on the g2 so I don't have to worry about my battery until I get home.

Also, any of you ever have any comments on the camera?

By the way, the store demo I used kept force quitting most apps I opened. Not sure if that's a regular phone issue. Some are reporting that though, plus phone slowing down already after just a few weeks.

That's odd about signal because usually Motorola is seen as the holy grail of radios. My signal has been better than all my previous phones.

As for pictures look at the picture thread in the main G2 forum. I think it's great.

I haven't had so much as a hiccup on the phone yet and maybe one or two force closes total and I bought the phone on day one.

I also bought the phone outright to keep unlimited data and it has been worth every penny in my opinion.

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

Most reviews I have seen puts the G2 camera ahead on the Note 3. OIS helps tremendously. The note 3 lacks that feature.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Most reviews I have seen puts the G2 camera ahead on the Note 3. OIS helps tremendously. The note 3 lacks that feature.
The Note 3 has DIS so it's not bad, just don't record in 4K. The G2 seems to be really inconsistent though, there are times it's amazing and times where it's not even as good as the S4

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
been wanting to try a different brand. have had 2 motorola phones and loved them both. had one samsung and it became the bane of my life while i used it, when i got to use it (galaxy nexus). tried an htc. it was good but they still live in an age where small battery is norm. not sure why. been seeing a lot of commercials and good reviews about LG so been thinking of giving them a try because my default will be a motorola lol.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
been wanting to try a different brand. have had 2 motorola phones and loved them both. had one samsung and it became the bane of my life while i used it, when i got to use it (galaxy nexus). tried an htc. it was good but they still live in an age where small battery is norm. not sure why. been seeing a lot of commercials and good reviews about LG so been thinking of giving them a try because my default will be a motorola lol.
It's a good phone, not sure how you feel about the UI though. I think the Maxx is better in that aspect

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I've found battery life on the g2 excellent. I'm coming from an HTC device and they are notoriously underpowered

Posted via Android Central App

HD_Renegade

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

I honestly think Moto failed the consumer with their line up of new phones, and it why I went to the LG G2. The best phone I have had in a long time.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think Moto failed the consumer with their line up of new phones, and it why I went to the LG G2. The best phone I have had in a long time.

You are kidding right? They delivered the best user experience of any android devices to date. The software on the new lineup of Motorola devices runs circles around anything else out right now. If you are referring to them not using cutting edge specs they really didn't need to. Instead of jamming ungodly specs into their new devices they took the time to develop actual useful features. After using the Moto X I will never settle for another sloppy, resource heavy manufacturer overlay.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You are kidding right? They delivered the best user experience of any android devices to date. The software on the new lineup of Motorola devices runs circles around anything else out right now. If you are referring to them not using cutting edge specs they really didn't need to. Instead of jamming ungodly specs into their new devices they took the time to develop actual useful features. After using the Moto X I will never settle for another sloppy, resource heavy manufacturer overlay.

While I agree the Moto X UI is great, I wasn't as impressed work the build quality as I wanted to be. I'm not sure specifically what I didn't care for, it just didn't feel right in my hand. Maybe because I've been a DNA user for almost a year, and it felt like a tank.

I've also been surprised by the performance of LG's implementation of Android. I haven't noticed any lag. I'm also coming around about TouchWiz, but only on Note Devices. While many of the features are spaghetti that should have fallen from the wall, multi window and the stylus w work great together.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I had a Nexus before I got my G2 and I have to say that Google could easily put some of LG's features into AOSP. Touchwiz may be resource heavy, but LG's UI is not. I haven't had the slightest slowdown since I got the phone.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
ui is the least of my concerns though i usually remove any default widgets or whatever and use it mostly like regular android os. most concerned about battery life and camera. i've never been able to take night photos outdoors with any camera phone before, but looking at photos taken with g2 it seems very good and i want it. i hope the camera lag i've been reading about isn't as bad or i will hate taking pictures with this.

i'm just hoping if i do get this it would get an eventual update like what the new droids and moto x have (voiceless control, active display - which i hope are more software related than hardware).