Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

    Default From razr maxx to g2

    Hi. I'm thinking of switching to the g2 but not sure how the battery will help keep up against my use. On the razr maxx I get around 12 to 16 hours. Will the g2 last me as long?

    Also, only reason I'm switching to the g2 is the better camera. Is it really the best Android phone camera as indicated on the review?

    Thanks for any input.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,870 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    Hi. I'm thinking of switching to the g2 but not sure how the battery will help keep up against my use. On the razr maxx I get around 12 to 16 hours. Will the g2 last me as long?

    Also, only reason I'm switching to the g2 is the better camera. Is it really the best Android phone camera as indicated on the review?

    Thanks for any input.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    How much screen time do you get on your Maxx? I've seen 7 hours on the G2 with 10% left. I'd have to say the Note 3 has the best camera. GS4 and G2 are pretty close
  3. #3  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    Hi. I'm thinking of switching to the g2 but not sure how the battery will help keep up against my use. On the razr maxx I get around 12 to 16 hours. Will the g2 last me as long?

    Also, only reason I'm switching to the g2 is the better camera. Is it really the best Android phone camera as indicated on the review?

    Thanks for any input.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    Easily. After being off the charger for 14 hours and 45 minutes I still have 50% battery.

    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    How much screen time do you get on your Maxx? I've seen 7 hours on the G2 with 10% left. I'd have to say the Note 3 has the best camera. GS4 and G2 are pretty close
    This is with the brightness at 100% and I still have 50% battery.



    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From razr maxx to g2-uploadfromtaptalk1382061410715.jpg  
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,870 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    This is with the brightness at 100% and I still have 50% battery.



    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    On track for 7 hours
  6. #6  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    I switched from a Razr Maxx, and never looking back. The G2 is so much better in so many ways that I bought the phone out right on VZW to keep my unlimited data.
    Current Phone is, VZW LG G2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    It's not the screen and time that eats my battery on the maxx. It's the signal issues. The most I've had the screen on for my phone is probably 5 hours. I just have so many accounts using data so bad signal eats that up. I just want to be able to at least get the same hours on the g2 so I don't have to worry about my battery until I get home.

    Also, any of you ever have any comments on the camera?

    By the way, the store demo I used kept force quitting most apps I opened. Not sure if that's a regular phone issue. Some are reporting that though, plus phone slowing down already after just a few weeks.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,870 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    Also, any of you ever have any comments on the camera?
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    I've heard it's good, but inconsistent :\
    Rise Against likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    It's not the screen and time that eats my battery on the maxx. It's the signal issues. The most I've had the screen on for my phone is probably 5 hours. I just have so many accounts using data so bad signal eats that up. I just want to be able to at least get the same hours on the g2 so I don't have to worry about my battery until I get home.

    Also, any of you ever have any comments on the camera?

    By the way, the store demo I used kept force quitting most apps I opened. Not sure if that's a regular phone issue. Some are reporting that though, plus phone slowing down already after just a few weeks.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app
    That's odd about signal because usually Motorola is seen as the holy grail of radios. My signal has been better than all my previous phones.

    As for pictures look at the picture thread in the main G2 forum. I think it's great.

    I haven't had so much as a hiccup on the phone yet and maybe one or two force closes total and I bought the phone on day one.

    I also bought the phone outright to keep unlimited data and it has been worth every penny in my opinion.

    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    yea i'm thinking of getting the phone full retail, with the coupon would be $500
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  11. #11  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    How much screen time do you get on your Maxx? I've seen 7 hours on the G2 with 10% left. I'd have to say the Note 3 has the best camera. GS4 and G2 are pretty close
    Most reviews I have seen puts the G2 camera ahead on the Note 3. OIS helps tremendously. The note 3 lacks that feature.
  12. #12  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,870 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by adauth View Post
    Most reviews I have seen puts the G2 camera ahead on the Note 3. OIS helps tremendously. The note 3 lacks that feature.
    The Note 3 has DIS so it's not bad, just don't record in 4K. The G2 seems to be really inconsistent though, there are times it's amazing and times where it's not even as good as the S4
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    been wanting to try a different brand. have had 2 motorola phones and loved them both. had one samsung and it became the bane of my life while i used it, when i got to use it (galaxy nexus). tried an htc. it was good but they still live in an age where small battery is norm. not sure why. been seeing a lot of commercials and good reviews about LG so been thinking of giving them a try because my default will be a motorola lol.
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  14. #14  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,870 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    been wanting to try a different brand. have had 2 motorola phones and loved them both. had one samsung and it became the bane of my life while i used it, when i got to use it (galaxy nexus). tried an htc. it was good but they still live in an age where small battery is norm. not sure why. been seeing a lot of commercials and good reviews about LG so been thinking of giving them a try because my default will be a motorola lol.
    It's a good phone, not sure how you feel about the UI though. I think the Maxx is better in that aspect
  15. #15  
    Jeffk23's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    I've found battery life on the g2 excellent. I'm coming from an HTC device and they are notoriously underpowered

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    been wanting to try a different brand. have had 2 motorola phones and loved them both. had one samsung and it became the bane of my life while i used it, when i got to use it (galaxy nexus). tried an htc. it was good but they still live in an age where small battery is norm. not sure why. been seeing a lot of commercials and good reviews about LG so been thinking of giving them a try because my default will be a motorola lol.
    I honestly think Moto failed the consumer with their line up of new phones, and it why I went to the LG G2. The best phone I have had in a long time.
    Current Phone is, VZW LG G2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by HD_Renegade View Post
    I honestly think Moto failed the consumer with their line up of new phones, and it why I went to the LG G2. The best phone I have had in a long time.
    You are kidding right? They delivered the best user experience of any android devices to date. The software on the new lineup of Motorola devices runs circles around anything else out right now. If you are referring to them not using cutting edge specs they really didn't need to. Instead of jamming ungodly specs into their new devices they took the time to develop actual useful features. After using the Moto X I will never settle for another sloppy, resource heavy manufacturer overlay.

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    wnflyer likes this.
  18. #18  
    bespinct's Avatar

    Posts
    774 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    You are kidding right? They delivered the best user experience of any android devices to date. The software on the new lineup of Motorola devices runs circles around anything else out right now. If you are referring to them not using cutting edge specs they really didn't need to. Instead of jamming ungodly specs into their new devices they took the time to develop actual useful features. After using the Moto X I will never settle for another sloppy, resource heavy manufacturer overlay.

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    While I agree the Moto X UI is great, I wasn't as impressed work the build quality as I wanted to be. I'm not sure specifically what I didn't care for, it just didn't feel right in my hand. Maybe because I've been a DNA user for almost a year, and it felt like a tank.

    I've also been surprised by the performance of LG's implementation of Android. I haven't noticed any lag. I'm also coming around about TouchWiz, but only on Note Devices. While many of the features are spaghetti that should have fallen from the wall, multi window and the stylus w work great together.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    You are kidding right? They delivered the best user experience of any android devices to date. The software on the new lineup of Motorola devices runs circles around anything else out right now. If you are referring to them not using cutting edge specs they really didn't need to. Instead of jamming ungodly specs into their new devices they took the time to develop actual useful features. After using the Moto X I will never settle for another sloppy, resource heavy manufacturer overlay.

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    I had a Nexus before I got my G2 and I have to say that Google could easily put some of LG's features into AOSP. Touchwiz may be resource heavy, but LG's UI is not. I haven't had the slightest slowdown since I got the phone.

    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    ui is the least of my concerns though i usually remove any default widgets or whatever and use it mostly like regular android os. most concerned about battery life and camera. i've never been able to take night photos outdoors with any camera phone before, but looking at photos taken with g2 it seems very good and i want it. i hope the camera lag i've been reading about isn't as bad or i will hate taking pictures with this.

    i'm just hoping if i do get this it would get an eventual update like what the new droids and moto x have (voiceless control, active display - which i hope are more software related than hardware).
    Motorola Droid Maxx
  21. #21  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,870 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    ui is the least of my concerns though i usually remove any default widgets or whatever and use it mostly like regular android os. most concerned about battery life and camera. i've never been able to take night photos outdoors with any camera phone before, but looking at photos taken with g2 it seems very good and i want it. i hope the camera lag i've been reading about isn't as bad or i will hate taking pictures with this.

    i'm just hoping if i do get this it would get an eventual update like what the new droids and moto x have (voiceless control, active display - which i hope are more software related than hardware).
    They're software related but remember that the Moto X has the X8 processing system and the always listening feature doesn't use much battery because there are two processors with low power usage waiting for you to speak. It could work on other phones but the battery would suffer greatly

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  22. #22  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    They're software related but remember that the Moto X has the X8 processing system and the always listening feature doesn't use much battery because there are two processors with low power usage waiting for you to speak. It could work on other phones but the battery would suffer greatly

    Posted via Android Central App
    Not on the 800. There was a huge back and forth about this on Droid Life and it was determined and found that the 800 has the same hardware capabilities and it has the same battery saving feature. This is why having the 800 over the 600 is so important. It is one of Qualcomm's selling points of the 800. I'm starting to think you are trying to steer people away from the G2 for some reason.

    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,870 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,131 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    Not on the 800. There was a huge back and forth about this on Droid Life and it was determined and found that the 800 has the same hardware capabilities and it has the same battery saving feature. This is why having the 800 over the 600 is so important. It is one of Qualcomm's selling points of the 800. I'm starting to think you are trying to steer people away from the G2 for some reason.

    Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Hehe, why do you think that? His biggest concern is battery life followed by the camera, I simply said the X8 processing system was made for the always listening feature. Either way, both the N3 and G2 have the same processor so if the 800 is capable of that, they'd both have the ability. The N3 actually tried it with S Voice but it's really slow and doesn't speak back to you.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    You are kidding right? They delivered the best user experience of any android devices to date. The software on the new lineup of Motorola devices runs circles around anything else out right now. If you are referring to them not using cutting edge specs they really didn't need to. Instead of jamming ungodly specs into their new devices they took the time to develop actual useful features. After using the Moto X I will never settle for another sloppy, resource heavy manufacturer overlay.

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    No I am not kidding at all. I had used Moto Phones for the past 10 years. When I buy a phone I expect it to have the latest or close to the latest Hardware out there. I try to look long term with what I buy as I keep my phones for the 2 years. I looked at what Moto brought to the table, and I felt all 4 of their new phones were middle of the road at best. I looked, read, and researched what LG was doing with the G2. Then I thought of what other Phone MFG were doing. The apps and the technology is moving more based to the Quad Core Processor.

    I am very happy with my LG G2. It is very smooth, very quick. I have not had the issues that I have read about what others have. I also bought the phone out right, so I could keep my Unlimited Data plan with Verizon. If you are happy with your Moto Phone then hey that is Cool. I made my choice, and I am happy with what I have.
    Current Phone is, VZW LG G2
    wnflyer likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

    Default Re: From razr maxx to g2

    my only concern is the g2 battery. my razr maxx which has 3300 averages me 12 hours with my use because of signal issues where i live and go to school.
    Motorola Droid Maxx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Won't Update from 4.1.2
    By streetslide in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
  2. Otter Box Defender for the G2
    By HD_Renegade in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 01:31 AM
  3. Battery drainage from google services?
    By streetkilln in forum LG G2
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 08:34 AM
  4. I have the Sprint LG G2 in hand
    By Bowman53 in forum Sprint LG G2
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 08:01 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 11:23 PM

Posting Permissions