LG G2 reboots on its own

CorbinR

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to add my baseband back in my phone. I had loaded a different ROM and somehow my baseband is gone. Please help. I have a ROM installed but no baseband at all. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Antti Heikkinen

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I noticed these, just a week with a brand new g2 behind: if I DON'T have the voice helper thingy listening at lock screen, the phone will randomly shut down. It started doing this 10 times a day when I turned it off (because it doesn't work with just speech anyway, just says no network and thus it's of no use), and
I was ready send the phone back, when I realized if I had lock screen voice command back on it worked...and, not one shutdown since.

Also, the moment I turned on screen lock security, the phone started losing network when screen was off and ask for PIN code many times a day. Removed the screen lock and made it just a swipe, and no issues since.

Probably if I had not let it install any updates it would work fully.

gastrosimsim

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
My ATT LG G2 began doing this last week. No pattern to it at all except it seems to happen when memory hungry apps are being used and the battery starts heating up and then it freezes and goes into an endless reboot cycle. I tried deleting a bunch of apps redoing my lock screen to no avail. I ended up backing up my phone via the LG backup function and then doing a factory reset. Seems to be doing better today. Will see...

Harry Valentine

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i got my G2 in july 2014. From about a month my phone is restarting and easing all the mobile data on its own. I figured it has something related to internet, because it restarts when i am using internet. I sent my mobile to Lg's service center 3 times, but my phone is still the same. Anybody else having this both erasing and restarting issues ???

HollowHD

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. From a couple of days ago, when I have updated Weather & Clock Widget to the latest version, my LG G2 started to acting weird, and non-stop rebooting itself. I was checking this forum ( first time here by the way :) ) and decide to give it a try. So I have removed that widget from the main screen, and as I can see for now, all problems are disappeared. Wanted to wish you all luck with this issue. But this helped me.

I will give you an update if anything happens.

HollowHD

SHAFT88

May 7, 2015
Visit site
My ATT LG G2 began doing this last week. No pattern to it at all except it seems to happen when memory hungry apps are being used and the battery starts heating up and then it freezes and goes into an endless reboot cycle. I tried deleting a bunch of apps redoing my lock screen to no avail. I ended up backing up my phone via the LG backup function and then doing a factory reset. Seems to be doing better today. Will see...

Have the exact same problem with my ATT LGG2!! Its different from all people have been posting. Sometimes it just reboots when its just lying there without being used. I've deleted some apps.... hope it goes well. Did yours work with the factory reset?

SHAFT88

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Factory reset doesn't work. Still same problem, no its worst before it just reboots from time to time. Now sometimes it takes a long time to boot up. I've noticed that phone works smooth until i turn on the internet, then it just starts receiving messages from FB and Whatsapp and it shuts down and tries to reboot and it goes on and on..... Any ideas?! =(

Harry Valentine

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
My problem is pretty much same as you. Without internet it works fine but restarts when i am using internet and then erases all mobile data. Got repaired it from Lg but the problem is the same every time. Seems like even they dont know how to fix it.

Syed Jahanzaib1

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
to HollowHD
This one saved my day :D
I searched almost every where at google , I ad no gmail widget which many said that after removing gmail widget problem got solved.
I simply remove weather widget and frequent/random reboot problem got solved :)

Mrs_Malone

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
apparently im late on all of this, but i have only had my LG G2 since MARCH OF THIS YEAR and it is doing this. i have set all apps back to default settings, done virus scans, deleted multiple apps and nothing is working. its about every 10 to 12 minutes it reboots. it is not hot or warm to the touch, and sometimes there is still a line of light going across the screen. I have put so much money into this phone. :( im not happy. I should also point out this did not happen until i got a software update from AT&T.
(My LG is an unlocked AT&T phone):confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance